• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 24, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I clicked the Contact button at the bottom of the page and can get no further than the "Contact Moderators" page. I was going to ask what the forum's FTP Site Address is, but now there's two questions. How do I contact the Admin.

Bill

<font color="ff0000">Admin note: Didn't you answer your own question ? Just click one of the links.</font>

Bill, when Bryan and/or Bob see your post you will have contacted the "admin".

FTP??? Now WTH would someone want to mess with our FTP server? There's nothing there that anyone here needs to be concerned with...

Wish they would have shipped any of those red cubs out west. Have yet to even see one out here.
Jeff, Did the canoe club ever let you come back stateside??????

JERRY B. - I remember talking to a lady at IHC Lvl back in '81 when all the truckloads of parts were being shipped out to "The Cub Cadet Corp." and they weren't real happy at LVL with the change to red CC's. She was still complaining over a year after they made the switch.

Hey Steve , got your package the other day. thanks . I like you idea of the gear drive starter and use the S&G pully to drive the hyd. lift pump.

Just curious with all the talk about different mower deck attachments so I tried a Quietline frame on a 50c mower deck for a 782.

The front lift hooks are 5 3/4 center on the 782 and 8 3/4 in on the Quietlines. The 50c deck has all three holes while the 44a and 50a would have to be drilled for use on a 82 series frame.

21118.jpg

The rear lift points are identical and the length of the lift rods front to back are the same.

21119.jpg

The 82 lift frames are wider on the left side, probably to allow more room for the center pulley. The 44a and 50 a decks measure 5 inches from the bottom of the deck skin to the top of the center pullery, while the 50c deck measures 6 inches from the bottom of the deck skin to the top of the center pulley, thats probably another reason why the 82 series don't seem to lift as high as the Quietlines did.

21120.jpg

Since the 82 series mower frame bends out on the left side you need a different rear lift arm to the rock shaft on that side that bends in, where the Quietlines is straight.

21121.jpg

It looks like the deck lift frames could be made to use with different series but I would rather buy the correct one. I guess what I am saying is this post if probably usless.

Jerry-
Check out the dealer in Belgrade, MT, there's 3 782's there, it's not "next door" for you, but it's closer than a drive to the Midwest.

Now WTH would someone want to mess with our FTP server?
Change the FAQ page????????????
Sign themselves up???????
Make Bryan ask questions?????
Upload JD pics??????
21124.gif

Hi all,
Been reading quite a bit, but this is my first post. Here's my situation - I have a 70 that had the engine replaced with an 8hp vs. rebuild, but it's still not enough power to do my mowing and snowblowing quick enough. What is the largest engine that I can fit into that chassis? Also, a friend mentioned there might be issues with the OD of the output shaft on the 7&8hp vs larger engines.

I'd really appreciate any help you guys could offer. Would I just be better off buying a tractor with a larger engine. A hydro might be nice as well. BTW - is anyone from northern MI?

Bryan,
Why was I not surprised at your response to my question. I have no desire to mess with your FTP server. I was simply trying to learn how to post a photo and somewhere I got the impression that I had to have a FTP forum address to do it. I ain't smart like some people.
Bill

Bill G. -

Well, you could start by reading the FAQ at the link above. Reading it is a suggestion that's posted on the account signup page. One of our members was kind enough to document how to post pictures here.

Or...

You can click on the Getting Started and Formatting icons at the bottom of the page to get a feel for what you need to do to post things here.

We here usually refer to this as
rtfm.gif
wink.gif

Spent some time cultivating gravel for my next crop of rock potatoes...
21129.jpg

21130.jpg

Actually I was just trying to "rake" out the fresh gravel after spreading it with the loader and the cultivator worked nice for that.

RYAN G. - Welcome to the forum. If You get the proper spec. engine You can fit up to a 12 HP Kohler into Your 70. A 14 & 16 HP get a little more complicated. I repowered My 72 that had a 3-4 yr old 8 HP about 19 yrs ago with a 10 HP. It really speeded up mowing & snowblowing! The Sponsors could supply You with either a used larger engine to rebuild or rebuilt engines are sometimes listed in the CLassifieds.
The new Kohler Magnum series engines are not compatable with Cub Cadets without having to tear down a brand new engine to have the crankshaft OD ground. My Dad discovered that the hard way! And Yes, You should have a Hydro to go with Your geardrive!

All this chatter about the rear pinion and spiral pins brings to mind a question I need to ask,What type of puller is needed to pull the rear pinion out, the hole on the pinion shaft on my 102 is no longer small enough to hold the sprial pin, it is egg shape and I and forced to use a 1/4" bolt.
OBTW I don't currently have a manual to read.

Lonny-
Input gear removal:
Remove driveshaft coupler & driveshaft. Remove reduction housing cover. Input gear comes out one of two ways, usually if you just use a long bolt through the hole two screwdrivers or prybars pushing between the bolt and reduction housing will pop it out. If that doesn't work, you can use a socket and dead blow hammer to drive the needle bearing (visible from the back of the reduction housing) through the "cover side" and out of the reduction housing. Both ways have worked well for me. No worries damaging any of the parts in removal, they're all available through a Cub Cadet or CaseIH/Case New Holland dealer.

Bryan, something about a file with too close a name...
rolleyes.gif

Jerry B. Not even close..
21132.gif

Back