• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 08, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Charlie; I contacted R.F.Houtz& Son.Does the Embassy Club on Victory Drive ring any bells?
beer2.gif

Don D.- Hope you have more rain there than we have here for that grass!! Poor cubs feeling neglected, not having mowed in several weeks. Fort Bragg looks like a true "brown town" for sure!! (You still remember that don't you?)
whistling.gif

Over the years (35) my 128 seems to go through alot of tie rod ends. The replacements were always dealer bought. Does IH or anybody offer greasable tie rod ends or am I in fantasy land again??

Charlie-

Thanks for the tip about breaking the balance gear out. Worked great. How'd you get all the little shards out? I wiped the block out with my hand until I stopped seeing shiny pieces, but who knows if I got it all. I'm thinking of putting a small magnet on the drain plug and changing the oil after an hour or so of run time. Any other ideas?

Matt,
Every time I've done it, they came out in 3 pieces max.
I'd use a Hudson sprayer, tilt the engine and hose it down if it were mine with a big magnet attached to the bottom.

Hey Richard glad to see you got a handle on that PTO bearing and collar. Not trying to step on anyones toes, but the best "heat" I have found for removing stubborn parts is a controlled Oxygen/Acetelene torch, when available. Whenever you can reach your goal it is a victory by any means possible!! Old cubs never die they are reborn!!

Thanks once again Charlie, Heims joints are cheaper than the stockers we have bought over the years. They look much stronger too!!
Is anybody getting that wet stuff from the sky, what was it called???? Oh yea RAIN, send help Marylands eastern shore

Just wondering in cub cadet land, do all gear driven cubs like my 128 have the same gear ratio's. Either way does anyone have the spec's on the ratio's??

Geeeez Lyle, I forgot how "Braggish" my profile picture looks. Need to find a newer one to update.

We've been getting above average rain here, but nowhere near what we had in Spring Lake. I'd fire the cub up at least once a week. The grass looked amazing and all I ever had to do was fertilize and mow with the deck at the highest setting.

We planted 24 5-gal Raywood Ash trees around the perimeter of the back yard to bring some future shade for better grass growing.

I miss NC, but not the bugs (chiggers, fire-ants, mosquitos, etc). It was also nice being that close to the dang rust belt. Can't find any good IH related stuff down this way.

Hope the rain catches up to you out there.

Hey everyone, sorry I hogged four threads in a row. I will try to go to sleep now with thoughts of cutting the grass thursday night pleasuring my dreams!!

Todd H,
Make sure you buy the correct heim joints. You need ones that have studs in them with a high degree of movment. Maybe Kraig or Charlie can find my post from a couple of months ago. I posted which ones I bought. I would look but I am on an airport shuttle in Indy right now.

Todd H:

NO...not all Gear Transmissions are the same. IHC had some different versions, based around the ratio of Second Gear.

For the 128, here are the ratios:
1st = 3.00 to 1
2nd = 2.06 to 1
3rd = 1.00 to 1

Lyle B. I'm over around Atlanta even in this sweltering heat I could cut twice a week but I only cut once because I wind up spending around 2 days a week cutting grass already. I wish I had a 60 inch deck for my 782 to make it go faster because of all the dust.

Hi would a front blade from O/T a Cub Loboy fit on a 782 cub? Has anyone tried this?

MATT - It IS possible to remove the balance gears without breaking them. I test fired the K301 in the 129 I sold back last summer back when I rebuilt the engine and the keeper popped off one of the gears after about 30 seconds and the engine started knocking REAL bad as the gear hit the throw on the crankshaft. I pulled the engine, pulled the pan and with a small pry bar and positioning the crank just so I was able to get them both out in tact. Wasn't easy but worked. Your K341 may not have as much clearance as the K301 had however since the cyl. bore is much bigger. Never been inside a K341....I can't afford those Expensive ENGINES.

If you need a place to plow & play in the dirt with your Cubs this coming Saturday we've got one! The 2nd Annual Novotny Plow Day, just South of Tama Iowa on U.S. HWY 63.

I just talked to the sponsor Lavern Novotny of Novotny IH Repair & Salvage and he said the gate will be open by 8 a.m. Saturday morning. Pull in and unload on the grass runway. Someone will be there to give directions. He said the kids will be there selling water and pop. Also said there will be an awning available for shade. They only got 1/10" rain yesterday and last night and things look great for saturday.

Come on out and have some fun guys & gals! It's a nice big long 50 acre field to plow! Antique tractors will be plowing on the West side of the runway and Garden tractors on the East along the highway. I hope to see lots of you plowing! I even plan to bring my cc 122 & plow along with my green ones! Check out the photos of the site I took yesterday over in the Plow Day and Tractor Show announcements forum here. See you there!
happy.gif

Back