• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 07, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Les S,

Your 125 should have a lever on the right side of the steering tower that engages/disengages the front PTO. Pull sideways past the catch and move it forward to engage. Pull it back and place back on the catch to disengage.

Doug G.
Just click the parts lookup button above. Enter in 102, click on the 102 number on the left and everything will pop up on the right. Click on attachments and then the 38" deck and you'll get this.
63572.jpg

Richard T. If you want to prevent that grunge build up under your deck lid you should perform the Roland mod, best thing you can do for a 44a or 50a or c deck in my opinion.

Cut 4 holes like this in the deck lid.

63574.jpg

Then every time you finish mowing use an air hose and blow it out. You won't get the rust and the grunge build up. I've done all of my decks and it has made a big difference in the fall when I check them.

63575.jpg

Hey Charlie is Columbia around Augusta? Are you a native Georgian?

Richard,

You might want to consider getting a new $11 shoulder bolt (P/N 638-04012A) for the deck tensioner/idler arm. The new bolts have a grease/zerk fitting so the bolt won't get frozen in the arm sleeve. If you get the new bolt you will have to drill a hole in the cover to make the grease fitting accessible.

James,
Sorry I goofed, it's Columbus. You know, right across the river from Phenix city!
Nope on the native to Ga. thing.
Born in Illinois and raised all over hell and half acre.

Just pulled the pan off of my 1650's motor tonight to replace the leaky pan gasket, and when I looked inside, I found....balance gears? I was under the impression that the Quietlines didn't have those. Anyway, being the curious person I am, I touched one and was surprised to see it visibly rock on the stub shaft. I'm thinking this means the bearings are toast and they're ready to start looking for an exit strategy. Should I remove them? Or....? Thanks!

I would have them balance gears find the nearest trash can, fast! They are just a bad day waiting to happen. Mike

Matt, everything I have heard here and from the shops in town the balance gears are a problem waiting for a place to happen sooner or later.

Brake PTO and gauge:

Charlie,

You can use the gauge, I always do. I adjust them with the gauge just like a non-brake model and then put the brake shoe on with the wave washer and snap-ring......and you get a nice +/-1/4" gap all the way around the PTO. I find it easier to use the gauge and think it is more precise as well, since you can really see just how even you have the spring pulled up.

Charlie- you can stop doing your rain dance for a bit, I'm tired of having to mow the grass everyother day!!!!!!! For the last two weeks.

Charlie, you must have been living around Fort Benning since you grew up all over the place. Dang I'll bet you remember how hot it can get around here, I tested the 104 Cub Cadet in 95 degrees for over an hour today. I Live about 80 miles from Columbus. I know exactly why you moved back... there weren't enough Cub Cadets down here.

Steve B.
Thanks for confirming that, I wasn't sure CRS had not gotten the best of me!
biggrin.gif

Hugh,
I quit 2 months ago, it's gotta be on your end now!
tongue.gif

Next question, do I have to disassemble the engine as far as pulling out the crank, or can I sneak them out without doing that?

Matt,
One will fall out, no problem.
The other one will either need the crank almost removed, OR a SFH & a super sharp chisel with a good rap or 3 on the end will crack/break it and let it come out without removing the crank.
BTDT

Hi Charlie...Yep still here...still fighting Vista... However, I will double confirm Steve B's procedure on the brake version of the mechanical PTO. I also use the gauge from the kit.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Mowing grass every other day?

Whats that like?

I haven't had to fire up my mower tractor since the last weekend way back in June.

Grass is a nice shade of brown and crunches as you walk on it.

I aint realy complaining though, look at all the money I have saved by NOT HAVING to purchase gas for the tractor.
err.gif

Charlie-

How do you keep the 2nd one from going into a million pieces when you break it? And how can you be sure you got all the pieces out?

Back