• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 07, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Richard T.
As far as I know, there's only 2 gauges to use. One NF and one WF and I always just used the WF one that came in the kit.
When you call Scott at Madson's, he will be more than happy to tell you exactly what you need.
And you won't have to feel fool about asking any question to him, he's very understanding asnd goes way beyond the call to help you out.
63556.jpg

Dean S,
What? You mean you missed my post about Little G?
biggrin.gif

Thursday, August 03, 2006 - 09:15 am:

SOOO!
Anybody going to Little G in Dyersville,Iowaaaaay this weekend?

My bad,,,,,,,, after digging out the instructions that came with a PTO kit from years gone by I find a gauge is not needed at all. Can you tell It's my first time with a braked PTO..
63559.jpg

I could have swore that I used a gauge when i did the 169 PTO to set the spring height.
Of course I've slept since then too and CRS set in too!
biggrin.gif

Speaking of pressure springs, the parts lookup only shows the use of one spring. However, the instruction sheet I posted below says SPRINGS on the reverse side but SPRING on the page posted. The manual in several instances says SPRINGS and also your pic., Charlie, shows TWO springs. One spring or two??

Richard

Don't mean to make you crazy with my questions Charlie.
whistling.gif
yikes.gif

Last year the rebuild kit for my 149's braked pto came with two springs and a guage.

Hello,well I think I finally have my 104 working right, it ran so well after cutting my grass that I saw my neighbor's lawn that was about 2 feet high and went through it in 2nd gear without ever bogging down.Roland helped me with a grounding problem after I did a valve job on the motor and now is great. This is the motor that I had the grade 8 bolts stretch on (Roland also told me about that occuring). Now I must finish 74 Cub Cadet walk-behind or the 1250 and then I can put the 124 together and make a 70 into a 100.

Well Charlie my right hand after surgery (May 10th) is in much better shape than your arm. Give me a call, or better yet, just swing on by here in metro Atlanta and I'll bug the crap out of Roland (when I get in a jam) and eventually I'll get them done.

James,
I drove my first Cub Cadet in Columbus,Ga. when I was a kid.
The guy had a wire running through the dash for the throttle control on an Original.
biggrin.gif

And he paid me 2 bucks to mow his 2 acre yard with it!

Hi Everyone,

I have just bought a 125 Tractor from my neighbor so I am a "newby" in every way. When I bought my tractor they included a tiller attachment - I can see how it should be attached but I cannot get the PTO (?) or puley to start turning to run the tiller. Do I have a problem with the system or do I just not understand how to make the thing work? I'm sure it is the latter. To make things more interesting, I live here in Mexico - no dealers or service here! Any informtion will be a great help.

Thanks,

Les

ShaneP, Charlie, thanks for your input. When I bought the tractor 6yrs. ago it had two pressure springs but was cobbled to be always engaged. Start the tractor and the deck started too.
angry.gif
This forum and others were in their infancy and there was no parts look-up, sponsors, repo-manuals etc.that I was aware of. I then, not knowing a whole lot about these wonderful tractors but with a little shade tree mechanics under my belt, proceeded to cobble it some more but at least I could engage/disengage the PTO,,,, albiet when the engine was shut down so I didn't grind parts. Anyhow, with the help of some great sponsors (Madsen's in particular) I'm now on the right track. Two springs it will be!!
A few pics. of the deck and 30yrs. of grunge under the cover. The torsion spring was MIA (there but broken) ....
biggrin.gif
I don't know how it kept working and not slipping.
Go figure.
63564.jpg

Took me hrs. to get the shouldered bolt out of the tensioner arm sleeve and free it up without breaking anything. Alot of scraping and wire brushing were the order of the day. Ospro too. I have to reassemble tomorrow (new torsion spring and belt) to keep up with the grass but it will get a full restro. including new spindles and a Steve Blunier tweaking in the winter.
63565.jpg

Charlie,,, here is what Scott Madsen wrote back about braked PTO's so you probably did use a gauge.
---------------------------------------------
Richard, we sent along a gauge for the PTO. Actually you use the same gauge as the PTO without the brake. We don't pull the three screws down quite as far as the tool shows. Leave about 1/16" gap. That way the triangle pressure spring isn't pulled down quite as far.

Finally, after taking everything apart I found the 34yr. old bearing had been heated up a bit and a new one will be installed.

63566.jpg

Les S.
Welcome to the forum.
beerchug.gif

Pics of what you have and the way it's setup now would be great and would help everyone help ya out.

Richard T.
See! I toldya Scott would fix you right up.
buttrock.gif

I'm having trouble finding a parts list for the 38 inch mower deck with the cast iron ends and center. The deck is used on a Cub 102/122. Thanks

Back