• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 03, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
poof.gif

Attachments

• poof.gif
    poof.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 136
poof.gif

<font color="ff0000">3rd time will be the charm. READ THE RULES!</font>

Attachments

• poof.gif
    poof.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 136
At the ole bag game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was tryin to eat and type, Yea bag game would be the ticket for the twins! snicker

(Message edited by cproctor on August 04, 2005)

Charlie -

Old bag game? That must be what the Minnesota Twinkies play, eh???
lol.gif

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 131
does any one know where is a good place to buy a reasonable set of ag tires and a decal kit for a 100!!http://

still no spark, original cub cadet 1962 bought new plug today,don't know what to do,there is a spark at the coil,do i hook the condenser to feed side of coil to test the coil?or does this allow spark at plug?because i left it hooked to positive side when i tried the test,i took the wire off points that goes to coil and grounded one end of wire and touched other to positive side of coil,there was spark at coil as i touched wire to it,but there was no spark at the plug,but do i have to put condenser to feed side of coil to get spark at plug? iam totally lost and don't know what to check.please help thanks jeff.

Jeff W:

Here is a Color Coded Wiring Diagram and a Schematic for your 100:

29808.jpg

29809.jpg

(Message edited by rbedell on August 04, 2005)

Attachments

• 29808.jpg
    29808.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 29809.jpg
    29809.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 154
Hello, I am a new member from Santa Barbara which probably is an unusual place to find a CUB. I have an "Original" 1962 Cadet with a spring blade. I have owned it for 30 years. My father gave it to me when he bought a bigger rig.

The restoration will be a challenge as it has not moved from the pictured location in 12 years. I has a broken 2 & 3 slider gear. Yes, that is a walnut tree that grew between the blade and frame.

I am Looking forward to participating in the forum to learn how to do it right. I am an engineer and have built street rods.
29812.jpg

Attachments

• 29812.jpg
    29812.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 147
Welcome Harry!

Oh Tedd!
I think it's time you show Harry L. what a real tree can do to a Cub.
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 131
Charlie,
I don't have any of the pictures of that 102 any more. Kraig most likely will have a copy.
wink.gif

Sorry, but I may have pictures of what happens to an Airstream when a 36 inch White oak falls on it.

Attachments

• wink.gif
    wink.gif
    880 bytes · Views: 137
Tedd -

I sure hope you mean 36" WIDE and not TALL
lol.gif

<font size="-2">anyone else here thinking Spinal Tap and Stonehenge? Didn't think so LOL</font>

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 136
Stopped by SATA today to see if they had somethin for me. Sure enough they did.
29814.jpg

I have to improve on this just a little!
29815.jpg

Attachments

• 29814.jpg
    29814.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 144
  • 29815.jpg
    29815.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 142
Jeff Martin,
Look again at the drawing that I posted earlier, It should be at the bottom of this page. Notice that the condenser is connected to the negative side of the coil and the ignition wire is connected to the positive side of the coil. Start by connecting those to the coil. Do you have a meter? If so check the voltage between the negative side of the battery to the positive side of the coil. The meter should read roughly 12 volts. This should verify the correct voltage at the coil. After verifying the voltage then you can connect a jumper wire between the negative side of the battery to the negative side of the coil. Just temporarily tap the jumper wire to the negative post of the coil where the condenser is also connected. This should produce a spark at the spark plug. Do not tap the jumper wire against the positive side of the coil. If you do the jumper wire will spark because you are putting a dead short across the battery. This can and most likely will damage the wiring or switches.
Again, make sure everything is connected like the diagram below, the jumper is only used to pass the points.

I found'um Tedd!
29817.jpg

29818.jpg

29819.jpg

Attachments

• 29819.jpg
    29819.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 140
  • 29818.jpg
    29818.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 29817.jpg
    29817.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 133
Digger,
IT's cool that PTO will run a hay elevator. Growing up My best friend's dad had a wooden one that was built in to the barn. We used to use it as a slide after we finished loading the loft.

Thanks for the reply Roland. The usual petroleum based solvents aren't touching this gunk. It's a grey, almost waxy substance that is only on stuff that wasn't submerged in the Hytran or whatever was in it. Not the usual balls of jello sitting on the bottom. Maybe a water based parts cleaner will do the trick. You forgot a picture of the economy sized 5 gal bucket of Hytran. A little cheaper that way.

Latest posts

Back