• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 24, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justin B,

Have you found another axle yet?
Did you read the threads I mentioned earlier?
I read them, and found it took up to 26 tons of pressure from a shop press to press the pins out. A hammer will not work, because it will only mushroom the pin.

As its OTF, and this question is a little off topic, does anyone know what happened to Tulsa Engine Warehouse (TEW)? Their website went dark sometime late last year. They use to be a good source for Kohler K-series engine parts for our Cubs.

Ron S,

Don't know. The last time I went on it, it seemed someone had redone the site.
I could not pull up the parts unless I had the part number to enter. Gave up after that.

Still raining.

Only 2 feet at your place Kraig? You need more wind. I know Steve B could handle this stuff with a 100, but sadly I'm past the point where the Cadets can do much for me. The banks are just too high and the drifts are too deep.

324903.jpg

Marty,
Thank you for your concern. I did read the threads you mentioned and researched as much as I could on the cub cadet original. I found out the original cub has a different axle and pin than all the others. So, yes I did find another axle. And I now have a better idea on how to remove the axle pin on my other cub original. (Yes, two originals being restored/refrubised). This is a learning experience, and I am thankful I have patience!
Thanks again Marty for your help and concern.

Brian, the 2 feet is a guesstimate. Not much drifting due to fortunate tree placement. I have cleared some drifts at the farm though.
happy.gif

Brian,

Ramming speed only gets you so far!!! I have resorted to the thrower and even the loader at times too!

Justin,

The two main ingredients for a job you will be very proud of are:

1. Take your time and do it right the first time.
2. Patience, patience, and patience!!!

We're here when you need us.
thumbsup_old.gif

For the first time since I don't know when, it is not raining.
Headed to the woods to try and clean up some of the storm(s) damage.

For the first time since I hurt my shoulder I got some seat time today,cleaning up about three/four inches of wet snow with the 1450.it felt good to get on a tractor again but I could only take about twenty minutes before my shoulder started throbbing again so I called it quits and sent my daughters out with shovels to finish up.The 1450 operated flawlessly with the exception of chucking off a tire chain in mid plow. I’ll leave it off for now until I get full range of motion back.

Latest posts

Back