Archive through August 02, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Larry K.-

It will probably also have worn bushings, bearings, and egged out holes in the actuator tube where it connects to the rod end. That joint is not the greatest design for durability. I repaired one for Ron S. last year, and I think I ended up making a new tube and most of the rod end.

Thanks Matt and Marty.

I've got the knowledge and wherewithal to fix just about any of it. Seeing I need the rock shaft and all the little parts that come with it, that is more an issue then the actuator.

I do have an extra hydraulic cylinder. Makes me also think I could retrofit that on the outside like the electric was. Could get electric control valve and use existing switch? Thoughts to ponder.

Charlie, woah!

I've been thinking about thinning the heard by a couple, but I'm torn on which ones! Mine are stored in 3 places, friends barn, my house, and my parents. None of my quiet lines though, oh well. Dave, nice score on the 1650, I still need an 800, 1100, 1250 and 1650 to complete my lineup.

How about this boring machine
321769.jpg

The 1650 I picked up the other day is an early build (Feb '75) and still has the balance gears as well as a std. bore.
Can these be removed W/O taking the crank out and without getting violent??

Engine disassembly or violence are the only two options for that procedure, unfortunately.

Michael, we've got two of those at my work. G&L's, one with 4x6 table and the other with 4x8 table. Done my fair share of work both on them.

Even used the smaller one to rebush the front axles in my 127 and 149.

Charlie, that's an interesting muffler cage. Would be nice if you had small children around. It might be close clearance to the hood though.

Latest posts

Back