• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 27, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbest

displayname
William Best
My nephew Marty who restores tractors, trucks, motorcycles and other things painted my 129 for me. I am thinking about putting Spirit of 76 decals on it. It would look like the Ertl model. I haven't seen this done so maybe it will be a first.

Here is the picture of the 129
238323.jpg

William....That is awsome I wish that they would of switched to the red colors on the 1x8,9 series

Once again William
greenthumb.gif

William - I agree with Jeff, NICE looking 129. I think IH missed something not making red/white CC's available all along.

I've menioned here before, DAD bought a '62 Original brand new spring of '62, then traded it for a #70 spring of '65. The IH dealer repainted the '62 red/white and sat it under the awning in front of his showroom for a week and it got sold. Dad ran into the guy who bought it about 10-12 yrs ago. It was still mowing his yard every week all summer. Still painted red/white.

I'll pass your very positive remarks on to Marty. He told me it was his favorite of all the ones he has painted. What do you think of the idea of the Spirit of 76 decals? I haven't decided if I want that or go with the large INTERNATIONAL decals.

well who would have guessed that after having a cracked oil pan a guy 60 miles away from me wants to trade a pan for front wheels for his tractor. Seems He did not replace the wheel bearings and has rim damage. So I will trade with him.I will get the pan Wednesday night.Charlie can remove my add in the wanted section . I think I will move the 125 and work at getting fenders ready for my 1512 and get more 61 Original parts ready for paint. Thanks guys and gals .

IMHO, the International decal would be enough, the SO76 would look gawky or gimmicky.. In this case, less is more!

imho, fwiw, ymmv, yada yada yada... LOL..

William B
The tractor is yours, paint it and decal the way you want.........but the production of the 129, and others in the series, ended in 1974, a couple years or so before to the Spirit of 76 tractors.

I want to check the timing on my k321 from a 149 but there is no sight hole on the housing like my k301
1a_scratchhead.gif

should there be one?

Charlie,
Do you still have the Daly? How does it mount from under the tractor? Does it attache to the rear lower link hitch?

I am going to make one and I am debating whether to connect it to the front or the rear.

Allen,
None of the pictures show how it mounts. If I was to guess the back mount has 2 pins that attach to the lower hitch link. Then the arm that is attached to the right bracket is connected to the lift arm linkage to raise and lower the blade.

Although, I could be wrong.

Here's another good PO screw up. This is how I found the pto bearing locking collar...backwards. The bearing came off very easily.

238334.jpg

I guess without instructions and no knowledge of what they are doing the locking collar could be a brain twister.

Terry B.
Yep, still have it. Never done anything with it though.
From the little research I did way back when, What there is out there is what we have on here, sorry.
CLICK HERE

Hydraulic system is leaking.
First photo shows where I am finding the oil and on the floor.
I noticed a gap on the second picture. What is the fix? Does not seem to be leaking from the pulley seal. TIA

238338.jpg

238339.jpg

Latest posts

Back