• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 27, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daniel G --I agree that the 147 looks like a keeper. There is just something about it that says, "I'm one tough tractor; up for anything." Really looks good, even if it is a little rough, yet.

By-the-way, I agree with Harry, I would try to route the "high tension" lead (as the British term it) on top of the fuel line and generally in such a manner that it does not come into constant, forced contact with the frame, engine, or shroud metal.
smile.gif

Ryan Mc - it does look like a nice restoration project. Appears everything is there. The wiring might be rough but you'll figure something out. It must'a been sittin quite awhile based on the condition of the front tires. But HEY!!! It's ANOTHER 169 - and you know what I really say:
"Old Cubs Never Die, they just find another resting place".

And here's something that followed my son home the other day. Don't see many of these on our units.
238429.jpg

Harry-Dont worry, itl be a runner soon. I also have an OEM IH coil on my 128. Its pretty neat to see stuff like that. I dont know if its good or bad though...must mean its had fairly low hours, or a dealer had a OEM replacement in stock.

Oh, I had run the coil wire under the fuel line because I had concerns about it pinching between the hood and the fuel tank. I might mess with it a bit more to see what I can do with it.

Today I bought a batt. charger as I needed one of those. Up next; complete the repair of the PTO so I can run the mower deck as well as a new front tire.

I had also thought about cutting the bearing race down the key slot and I also agree I don't like hammering on a crank. I've been very patient with it thus far so I don't ruin something permanently that is a PITA to get to.

Thanks very much for your replies.

Ryan McShane --You must be setting some kind of record for Model 169 finds and recovery. Have you thought about opening up a Finder Service? You could use the profits to finance your continuing acquisitions.

Just a thought. . .

Jeremiah-That is a very good idea. But, if I found another one of these...I would most likely just tell someone about it, not really looking to post a finders fee against anyone. Id rather see a 169 go to someone who will fix it up and enjoy it, rather than hassle them for money for finding them one.
beerchug.gif

Ryan I have been watching or so I thought northern ILL for a 169 needing help, may I ask what area that came from?

Harry Bursell

(Don T - last but not least, how come we don't get any pics of the crack in the oil pan? )

Well if you look back at my post on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 10:21 am: . If you look at the bottom picture you can see a crack in the pan where the bolt goes to hold the engine in the tractor.I think when some torque is applied to the bolt the crack opens up and oil leaks out. The cam cover was leaking and when I replace that gasket there was not leak till I bolted the engine back in the tractor. So that is what I have found. I bet I could seal it ,but I will have another pan Wednesday night and will install it .I have to get this ready to mow my Yard because my Craftsman has developed a knock and I don`t know how long it will go before it falls apart. Wish I would have found Cubs back in 86.

Wayne S

That spreader of yours should at least have the wheels painted white . It kind a looks like it should be pulled by a JD . On another note the count down is at 9 days left for Us . Happy early Birthday . We will soon get the senior discount lol.I wish they would give me a discount on single mault
beerchug.gif

Jeff- This Cub Cadet was up by Ft. Dodge area, towards the NW corner of IA. It was around 75 miles away from Colo, I left it at Marlin H's house for safe keeping. It was never on CL, the guy responded to my want ad.

Ryan thats good I would not of seen that and I still have my add up but moneys been tight.

Hydro Harry thanks for responding I was going to ask again, I still do not see a hole so first chance I get I pull the tin and check it and also mark the fly wheel.

Back