• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 26, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, Dennis F., Now you've gone and done it!

I think I've got a pretty good handle on the differences between the CCO, the later NFs & WFs Cubs.
I'm also fairly certain what comprises the QL CC group.
I also am aware of the x82 generation of Cubs.
Yes, I have heard once or twice the label, "Super Garden Tractor", but now I've got to ask:
What makes up the SGT group????
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

RYAN - 982 was the first....then CCC/MTD called them a model number I can't remember right now, 1911 & 1912 I think. Then they were known as a 1572 diesel, 1872, & 2072...then they increased the diesel's HP and renamed it the 1772. Then they made the Cyclops tractors, the MTD 82-series tractors....1782, 1882, 2082 with the all plastic hoods, etc. And that's about where I lost interest in the New Cub Cadets.

Way I look at things MTD and the Forum's sponsors make more $$$$ off Me in a year selling Me parts for My three Cubbies and two FARMALL's than if I bought a new Cub Cadet every 4-5 yrs.

Dennis F.,
As always, THANKS AGAIN FOR CLEARING OUT MY FOG!
thumbsup.gif

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Ryan....A page from the 1992 model brochure:

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom
55901.jpg

Did Charlie say something about smiling? I was smiling today too.

55905.jpg

149 with my old three wheeler rack attached to the sleeve hitch and my four wheeler sprayer with boom.
And with the super steer upgrade, there is not a problem with turning around!

And while I was digging out the sprayer and getting things setup, I had my best helper out playing with
his 'Cars' tractor too. Of course he wasn't very happy that he had to go inside while I was spraying.

55906.jpg

I guess I must be rubbing off on him. He thinks that if his little tractor was yellow it would probably pull that harrow all over the place!
bouncy.gif

I have been given a Cub Cadet 1250. I cannot find model number for it tho. I need manual for something as close as possible that may show the wiring diagram. It will not start with the switch, but is will turn over if you cross the contacts on the solenoid. Good spark, turns over fast, but no fire up. I was told that the alternator was in fact bad. Don't know why it cranks with spark but will not start. Switch is what I'm thinking. How can I check this out with a jumper wire? Switch has 5 terminals on it, but the connector to it only has 4 wires leading in. Cannot find any safety switches anywhere either. Any advise on what to check? Thanks

Graeme
I have a Price List from International Harvester Company of Australia Pty. LTD, dated February 1966 (with some later page revisions), and the only Cub Cadet listed is a 102 for $1045.00, F.O.B. Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Fremantle. A 42 inch cut mower deck was $230.00, a creeper gear was $56.00, and up grade to 23 x 8.50-12 rear tires was $11.00. I also have a sales brochure from the same that only list the 102. So in 1966 at least, it appears only the 102 was imported 'downunder'.

Mike - Look up at the FAQ then from that page is another FAQ that will take you to wiring diagrams.

<font size="+2">ATTENTION: THE TOY IS ON THE ROAD</font><font size="-2">minus the bed</font>
beer2.gif

I just thought this was funny..

My 2 year old son and I were driving the 100 from the rental house we are moving out of to our new house we had built. The new house is 5 streets directly West. Everything is dirt roads in a quiet, new community.
We got pulled over by a cop! I don't blame him though. He asked, "How fast does that thing go?" and "How many horsepower does it have?" I had my headlights and tail-light on.
He let us go after telling me we should wear helmets in the future...

Has anyone tried PPG paint code 90592 that is listed in the FAQ? I have a 126 that I am tring to repaint and I ordered a quart of PPG 90592 hoping to come close to matching the IH 902 that is currently on it. However, the color I received is a dark gray. PPG's website list this code as a white. Before I call the paint company I wanted to check here to see if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Don D.
You didn't get a ticket for one reason, GT's are not covered under state statute in N.M.. LOL
But that may change July 1st.!
Anyone under 18 on or in any motorized vehicle or scooter is required to wear one.
AND, that to may change July 1st.
biggrin.gif

Hello, I just changed the hytran fluid in my 782. It works great except I have the deck off and can't seem to get it to pop a wheelie. Does the FAQ page comment on this only apply to owners who weigh 175lbs. (of which I don't) or is there something else I need to check. Thanks, James

James - Leave your brain at the main door then come back and ask again ...

You get a different perspective on things when you're laying on your back looking up at a steering wheel.

Christopher C: I think I'd take it back. IH 902 White Cap White is not gray.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Myron B,
I agree. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a mistake in the paint code. I will give them a call.

Chris

Christopher C: That PPG paint code 90592 is what my records show also. I suggest that you also use that official IH name discription of "White Cap White" along with the PPG paint code....

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom
55910.jpg

Ken, the reason I asked is that that when I bought my 1250 it was in ten thousand pieces and I rebuilt the motor from guess work and checked it from an exploded diagram from a local dealer. I had to get the block bored out to .30 over before assembly because the previous owner ran it till the piston broke and the bore was slightly egg-shaped because he ran the govenor set screw way out to cut high grass. The hydro linkage was rigged with a welded stick where the creeper drive would be and had a long shift range. I swear that thing would do 15 mph I ran it in the field behind my house wide open, hit a rut and if not for hanging on to the seering wheel I almost came off it put me so far in the air.A buddy saw mine and went to buy a new one and the first thing he said to me about it was "it's not near as fast as yours". Before I learned much about cub cadets and how they were set the motor had 2 ranges wide open or idle no in-between and with out the mower deck I could easily ride wheelies for 100 feet.I know it sounds like B.S. but that mower was dangerous! Being that the mower was so rigged and had a hydro replacing the gear drive it was a 1200 but is now a 1250 and reading that FAQ page just made me wonder. If I were really smart I wouldn't ask so many questions. I just want to make sure it was working correctly even if it requires a little butt chewing. Thanks James

Oh yes one thing, I felt guilty not buying the G9 bolts from the sponsors I made up for it by buying 2 hytan filters, 3 rear end gasket and a new hudro fan for the 1250 and it only took 2 days to get here. Now I feel better that the gulit is gone!

Myron B,
Thanks for the info. That will come in handy.

Chris

Latest posts

Back