• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 26, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Questions for the guru's out there. There is a 106 for sale down the road that includes a deck, front blade, wheel weights, chains, and cart (aftermarket not IH) for $650. Now before you all get the blood pressure up, I'm not going to ask if its a fair price. My buddy wants the tractor, but I would like to use the implements on a 122 that my father and I are currently restoring.

My questions are these: will the wheel weights fit on my 122? Assuming that the tires are correct size on the 106, will the chains fit the 122? I am assuming that the blade will fit seeing that they are both narrow frame tractors, but please correct me if I am wrong. (Did anybody else make a blade to fit CC's?)

William.
The wheel weights should be a spot on match and fit.
The chains will fit IF the tires are the same size, but will not fit if they are different in width, chains for an 8.50 will not fit a 10.50, however 10.50 chains will work on 8.50 tires.

Not sure on the blade, if the 106 is a quick attach than you will need to change the undercarrage to a bolt one type as you 102 is non quick attach (QA) ( dont hold me to that, as I am sure it could be made to fit, by the means of a blue tip wrench)

Dead as a door nail! Who rolled up the sidewalks ?

Todd - Calling Todd ... Hey Todd - What did you end up doing with the stuck trans ??

Paul Bell, thanks heaps, by one of those very remote chances, while having lunch today in a club in a neighbouring township with some friends, I was introduced to another who it turned out knows ex International staff from the main International plant city of Geelong. I should get people details in a couple of weeks when the various contacts eventually arrive home (about 1000Km away)(PS. mine is a 102!)

William S. To somewhat expand on what Lonny B. stated. My oldest son made some brackets just using flat steel to mount my blade on his 100. Kraig M. should have pics of what others have done when mounting a quick tach blade to a non quick tach Cub. We're still figuring out this new computer otherwise I'd post a picture of how I mounted a Bolens blade on the 125 last fall. That was real easy. No extra holes or anything. Perhaps Kraig has a picture of that also.

Time for me to get outside. Fancy (our in/outdoor kitty has already ben bugging me to get out and start working. It's seat time on a Cub Cadet.
Shift.gif

When I asked my local dealer for Hy-Tran the other day, he sold me "Hydraulic/Transmission Fluid" (737-3062). Is this the same stuff? He said it was, but I keep hearing "Hy-Tran" mentioned here. I'd like to do a fluid change, but will wait on the consensus here.

Chip Stewart

Chip, my list of stuff shows that the Hy-Tran we use is 737-3025. Other guys will give you more info as the day goes on. You can do a 'search' on hytran and get a bunch of stuff. Also check FAQ's, think part #'s maybe listed there.

Okay, your Hy-Tran looks just like my "Hydraulic/Transmission Fluid" except for 1 qt. instead of 1 gal. Good 'nuff. Thanks!

-Chip Stewart

"It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play the violin.' That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver." -- Richard Brautigan

Hello All,

I have a question about mounting the Quietline Side Panels. Yes, I did a search and have downloaded the parts diagram and part numbers from cubcadet.com for a Model 1200. I have obtained a pair of side covers and I am going to mount these to an 1100 ( Please don't stone the newbie...) that I am now cleaning up. The tractor is 240 miles from me at this time, so I am unable to check this out for myself. My question centers around the thumbs screws on the rear of the side covers. What are the thumb screws threading into and do I need to obtain a "Heat Deflector Assembly" and its foam gasket? If someone has a picture of the front and rear mounting of a side cover it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any assistance and insight you can offer.

The start of the carnage:

55915.jpg

In the paint booth:

55916.jpg

Time to get the deck and mule drive painted too:

55917.jpg

Craig: The Model 1100 did not come with side panels. The B&S engine does not have the air flow systen the Kohlers used. It came as you see it pictured in that lower photo you posted. I would not recommend you install side panels. It will likely cause the B&S to over heat.....

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Latest posts

Back