• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 25, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stevenson-
I'm here... That tractor Kraig posted is mine. Thanks for the positive comments, but it really isn't as nice as the pictures make it look. Either way, it was a fun project, and that's what counts...Right?
happy.gif
Feel free to email me. I'd love to help.

That said, you're going to be on your own making a gas-tank bracket just because I don't have the time right now, but I'll be happy to describe what worked for me so you can make one of your own.
construction.gif

Ken-
Not babying the green stuff, just trying to figure out how to fit 10lbs of $@#!% into a 5lb Toyota!
beer2.gif

Byron, does this look like the deck and carriage assembly that you have? (I should mention that we sometimes call the carriage a "mower deck subframe")

55813.jpg

Tuesday Apr24th @ 6:56 Terry Busch said it makes sense to swap the rear plate bolts to studs to make removing the tiller easier. Questions are:

What size studs would I buy? (Tractor Supply sell 'em)

Never installed a stud, but have installed many bolts. What's the difference in installing?

Remember there's no such thing as a dumb question.

I had a flat on a 1650. I took the wheel off and attempted to put on another wheel from another ih cub cadet (I think a 1250) but the hole size was different and it would not fit. Is it possible to drill out the hole and make it bigger, or would that compropmise the strength of the wheel? Also I was wondering how others felt about using inner tubes.

Gary L.
I use 3/8 x 1 3/8" studs, You can use shorter one's if you need to.
Looks like Bryan used about that same length too.
55815.jpg

Charlie, I was referring to the #515 number shown on the bottom left of that page of pics. Its older than any other original cadet I have seen pictured.

Kentucky,

No, those blades are nice and thick just like the originals except they are square right out to the end.

Best of all, they were only $14.00 for all 3 and they are MADE IN USA!

Gary L.-

If you're talking about front wheels, then no. You can't drill out a bearing to make it larger. I bet your 1650 is a later one with 1" front spindles and the 1250 the other wheel came from was an earlier one with the 3/4" spindles. Tubes are fine.

Gary - Since nobody that has done it has responded yet ... Remove the bolts one at a time and put some thread sealer on a stud then screw it into the housing. You might need to double nut it to screw them in. Then take the nuts off. A flat washer then a Ny-lock nut tightened up will do it. Those you leave on, if you ever install a rear gear box you put it on over the studs/Ny-locks and add a nut to bolt it on.

Don't get crazy and screw the stud in so far that you might bust through the hole inside the casting.

Timothy - Sounds good to me
thumbsup.gif

Using the studs with the tiller I believe makes the belt fit a bit tighter too. Bryan, Terry??????

Charlie - There's nothing wrong with Vice-Grips ... every cobbler has a pair ;)

BUT! Cresent's copy isn't worth a crap! Wont open , wont grip
angry.gif

Kraig - I believe Bryan posted that he had to go to a one inch longer belt ... I think, that was back in 2000 or there-a-bouts. Where's he lurking at anyway ?????

Charlie, did you use the thin nylock nuts or standard thickness nuts?

Latest posts

Back