• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 24, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kshultz

displayname
Shultzie
Michael M.
What's up with the extra right hand pedal on the Original you have?
1a_scratchhead.gif

285741.jpg

Quick Question on IH Carts....

Did the #1 cart have hard rubber tires??
Going to look at what I think is a #1 but not sure, guy says it has hard rubber tires and a slanted rear end.

Need to know ASAP

Please call me 563-581-3005

Thanks.

To my knowledge, all the carts had pneumatic tires. But someone could have swapped tires long ago on that one. You never know unless that is the original owner.

David S,

The cart you are going to look at is likely a #3 cart that were intended largely to be an accessory with Rear Engine Rider (RER) riding lawn mowers that IH made like the Cadet 60, 75, 85 and 95 Electric units. They did come with hard rubber tires (~8-9 in. Dia), sloped back end and straight sides/front, but no ability to tilt the box other than unhooking it from the rear drawbar and lifting it up by hand. They are also smaller than a #1 and #2 cart and pretty rare to find, but not quite as rare as the #4. Hope this helps.

David S - I think there have been enough pictures of the original No. 1 Carts to say they came with pneumatic tires. In fact, Kraig - Oh Great One and Keeper of the Photos (noticably absent) may have some brochure and/or other pics showing valve stems on the wheels.
The No. 3 Cart is the odd one out. Seems there are a couple around and not sure where/when they showed up in production era. The few pics I've seen of them show small tires which may well be hard rubber. They may have been an accessory for the Cadet lawn tractor series.

(under edit - my fingers were slower than Ron S's)

#1 Trailer.

285743.jpg

285744.jpg

#2 Trailer.

285745.jpg

#3 Cart/Trailer. (this is the only one with "Semi Pneumatic" aka Hard Rubber tires)

285746.jpg

#4 Trailer.

285747.jpg

Jim P.

I believe your belt comment was directed at Brian E. I don't currently run anything with a belt; accessory or tractor. It is an easy mistake to make, as W and E are direct neighbors on the keyboard.
wink.gif

Kraig,

Thank you for the trailer pics. Very informative!

Sarah K,

How did your Hy-Tran change go? did the excess Hy-Tran drain down through the pump?

Quick Question - anyone have an IH operators manual in PDF for the 582 they could e-mail me (or could share with the manuals section)?

It would be great if we could get an IH manual for the 682 and 782 as well in addition to the CCC ones.

Random question... How come all the user/service manuals are available on ccmanuals but the parts lists aren't?

Considering you can get the parts lists right off cubcadet.com I don't see why these PDF's wouldn't be available as well
dunno.gif

Harry,
I checked that brg this morn and guess what.No turn.Then I went to the shelf and found another one which has a good brg but is a different size.I think I have an old one that is not serviceable anymore.Got a new brg coming so that should fix me.Thanks
Dan

Here is a shot the float pin on my carb.

285759.jpg

I let it soak and it still doesn't wanna budge... You can see it's not in bad shape, rusted or even corroded (even prior to soaking)

I gave it some very light taps on both ends with a nail setter just to see if it would move at all but it didn't budge at all
sad.gif

Brian E,

When you move the float, does the pin rotate in the carb mounts or is it stationary and float rotates on the pin?

Shultzie, that Original had duel rear brakes installed by the PO. If you look at the other picture showing the rear end, you will see the PO installed two left hand axle carriers with brake assemblies. You might also have noticed that there is a parking brake handle behind the pedestal.

Doug B,

I just bought the whole shaft and adapters out of a tractor boneyard near me. it was a yellar-n-white QL,
I got the following:

driveshaft
2 rag joints
busted fan
flywheel drive cup adapter w/ bearing
assorted nuts and bolts, they are lock nuts, get them

HTH

Brian E - do you know someone that is "excellent" with a torch that could heat it up? I've seen it done once and didn't melt the carb itself.

Brian E:
Patience, Grasshopper........
The pin is corroded in place. Soak, heat from a heat gun (NOT a Torch), soak some more, gently tap the end - but just remember, it's frozen in diecast, which'll break if you mistreat it. I've used a pair of small ViceGrip needlenose (I've got a pair that I've ground the ends down more), that I clamped onto the pin in the center and twisted - the issue with that is raising "welts" on the pin that could then interfere with sliding the pin out.. It WILL come out..

Back