• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 23, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonny-
I've been lurking around and have some thoughts on your pin problem.

First and foremost I beieve that one of the two holes the coiled spring pin fits through is oversized. Coiled spring pins (not slotted spring pins) are very resilent in driveline applications. Problems arise when the diameters that it is driven through are not the same. Because of the nature of a coiled (or slotted for that matter) spring pin will be to fit the smaller diameter, the larger diameter won't fit with the correct amount of preloading in the hole. I see you've opted for the grooved pin. Compare notes on McMaster's website on the double shear strength is similar compared to the coiled spring pin. Because of the solid nature of the grooved pin, it will likely last somewhat longer, but it may do more damage in the driveline application.

Just my two cents, do with it what you want, but it may be the holes the pins are driven through that are more of a problem than the pins themselves.

"Jim/John-

Have either of you shimmed part #1 in this diagram? It usually wears on the trunion shaft and gets really loose. Lately, my hydro linkage problems on most of my hydros, 1450 and 1650 included, have been this, and not a worn trunion slot. Get some 5/8" ID by .010" thick shims, and add them between #1 and the snap ring until you can't get the snap ring on, then remove one shim and install the snap ring. That should fix your problems. I welded up the trunion on my 1450, and it wasn't fixed until I did this. You could also replace that cam plate, but this will do about the same thing."

Now there is a gem of a tidbit. Yes, mine is loose there. I will try the shims. I bet that is the fix I need. :D

Charlie, I vote that Matt's post about shimming "part # 1" gets added to the FAQ in the hydro trunion repair info.

I also shimmed the plate when the 129 was apart for paint and cork gasket. I don't really know if it made a difference because my hydro was operating as it should,,,,, but I did feel better with the plate not so loose.

Matt G.,

Where do you get those 5/8" ID x .01 shims from? I'd like to give that a try on my #2 782 while I have it apart as I have noticed that #1 arm is a little sloppy on my trunnion shaft.

Ron R.-

McMaster Carr, which is also where I get spriol pins and heim joints...

Here's the number:

3088A323 5/8" x .01 shims $4.22/pkg of 10

You can also get .005" and other larger sizes as well...I think the .010" will be best...I used to get a .060" washer and grind to fit, but I think this will work better.

Vince.

The hood and grill casting was removed last fall from the 127. it was just a day with to much time on my hands and notheing to do thing.

Wyatt.
The spirol pin or groved pin or factory replacement pin is only being held in place by the drive shaft and not the coupler.
The factory replacement pin is a smooth pin and only friction is used to hold it into place from what I can see.
I have never had any luck with useing a replacement factory pin. Even with my old 123, when I replaced the OEM pin with a new replacement pin it only stayed in the drive shaft a few minutes befor being lost to the vast out doors, a spirol pin was used in its place and it never gave me a bit of trouble.

I am begining to wonder if it don't have something to do with the oversize tires I am running on the back, putting more stress on the pump and thus the pin.
Here is how I curently have the 127 set up,
83057.jpg

Hello all,

I know, I know – "Here we go again!!!" I've been searching the archives for a discussion on Brinly white paint color without success (find a lot of old classified advertisements for Brinly implements). Would someone be so kind as to forward me a link they may have listed in their "Favorites" area of their web browser for a discussion of just such a topic that may or may not be in the archives??? I would appreciate it. All Brinly can tell me is that they used International Harvester white which was some sort of Beige color. That really doesn't help me.

Thank you,
Kenneth

kenneth, thats exactly what they used, IH white, which is an off white color. Same as used on the Farmalls and the on the cub cadets. You can get both spray bombs and quart/gallon cans at your local TSC or Cub Cadet/CaseIH dealer. I painted my plows to match my tractors, red frames, black moldboards, silver coulter wheel, and IH white coulter bracket and tail wheel on the cat 0 plow. I am making "International" decals for them now. Mike

Back