• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 22, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not feeling well this morning Charlie? LOL..

Frank, I did put those pto springs in about 10 or 12 years ago and they're still there working for me. I know some here haven't had all that much luck with'em... But I can't stand the rattle, runnin' without'em... my 2 cent

I'm with Mike F..properly installed, the anti-rattle springs don't fall out of my tractors either.

Myron B

Morning all ! Sunny and warm here this am.Frank C glad you and Jeanne are both well.Some Cub time for me today before the rush tomorrow.Art A , I could have used that spring rake
Shift.gif
. I will be looking next week for some info on a tiller install . pictures are best for me . Have a great weekend guys.

All: Found a seat to fit my 149:

224454.jpg

I was told it had been purchased new and had never been ridden.

It didn't take long to clean it up.

224456.jpg

Oh, and did I mention that I had to buy the rest of the 1250 it came on to get it?

224457.jpg

224458.jpg

Didn't have to pay much more than I would have for the seat, and it was less than an hour from my house. I feel like I finally got the better end of the bargain on a deal for a Cub.

224459.jpg

Charlie: It is very helpful when you post a link to a FAQ. I know I always check it out and sometimes even file it on my computer for future reference.

More pictures of the 1250. Its pretty sad when your parts tractor looks better than the one you're working on . . ..

224467.jpg

Needless to say, it wasn't running. I was told the engine had been professionally rebuilt . . .

224468.jpg

Has anyone ever found a tractor that still had the Hydro Fan intact? What happens to these things? Every one I've looked at has disentegrated. The steering is prety tight though.

224469.jpg

Dash was kind of interesting. I think both gauges had been blanked off. No lights, either. I bought it from the son of the original owner. The old man must have been real cheap . . .

224470.jpg

Not all the parts were there, of course, but those that were seemed to be in fair shape. It seems they painted the bottom half yellow and the "immovable" white,, but didn't touch other white parts.

224471.jpg

I don't think the unit was supposed to have internal brakes, but then, it didn't have external ones either. Perhaps the previous owner was among the party that believes hydrostatics don't need brakes.

224472.jpg

Fenders were in good shape, and I found a lot of parts that I had already paid money to get for the 782 still sitting on the 1250.

If anyone's curious, I don't plan to rebuild or restore this tractor. I plan to pull off the parts I think I can use on either the 149 or the 782 and ditch the rest.

FRANK, MIKE, MYRON - How well the anti-rattle Mech. PTO springs stay in depends on how good of condition your clutch basket and friction disc is in. The basket on my 72 is pretty well worn and those springs used to stay in place about a MINUTE 20 yrs ago.

I don't like rattles, knocks, or vibration any more than the next person but I gave up on them decades ago. Plus with the AM/FM/Cass deck & head phones plus the straight pipe I can't hear the little knock anymore anyhow.

Another thing I've noticed about the basket pulleys, the pulley & basket are just crimped & staked to the hub. Eventually the pulley will come loose and spin on the hub which means the S/G will not spin your engine over to start and your PTO will not pull any load. But a few minutes with a MIG welder makes them so they will NEVER come loose again. I've fixed several of them already. Kinda like the roll pin holes in the very back of the driveshaft on GD's they NEVER wear on a K161/181 powered CC but on a K241 or higher HP tractor you will eventually have the problem.

your_image.gif

board-post.pl
Hi all, Just finished a 1200 & thought I would try uploading a photo. I found a way to keep the neighbors from parking their beer cans on the hood.

your_image.gif

Hi all, Just finished a 1200 & thought I would try uploading a photo. I found a way to keep the neighbors from parking their beer cans on the hood.

Gary Ostendorf

Sweet looking eye candy
yikes.gif

Jeremiah Chamberlin

LoL fan blades missing ! see the bunch of tape in your one picture on the wiring harness ? I bet that caught the fan. I have a few metal fans here and was tempted to install them.But the last fan I broke myself with the tractor running with my thumb. Decided right then that the metal fan will only be used on a narrow frame tractor lol.

You hit the nail on the head there Dennis. It's all about what shape the basket and clutch disc are in as to how long the clips will remain. Most tractors I've come across have no clips but a few did. Of those, the pto was in decent shape. I still install them because any rattle I can control I will. I also routinely put rubber pieces between the hood and dash which is either bicycle tube or rubber roofing. The NFs get a neoprene washer between the hood and where it bolts to the grill. The engine is all I care to hear.

Nice Looking 1200. I have a cover just like yours on my O . I think your nieghbor might want to buy it from you he monitors this site HeHe .

Jeremiah-

The clip is missing off of that fan (or remains of). If the fan is not held well it will "walk" up the driveshaft and when it gets to the cross member well.... The fan is naturally pulling itself in that direction thus doing its job. I've wrapped electrical tape sevearal times around the driveshaft to make a stop. The newer ring clips don't seem as strong as the older or something to that effect can happen.

I could use a few new seats here , they don`t sem to last very long before they split and I don`t let them sit outside unless they are in use. I have a few bags of lime and I going to put around and spread the 6 bags.The 149 is allready to go
vroom.gif

224483.jpg

224484.jpg

I still have to clean the carb on the 62 Original today. If I getroundtoit lol.

WAYNE - I have a lot of 1/4" dia rubber fuel line absorbing vibration on my 72's hood. Everything else is solid enough to not vibrate.

I've investigated ways to try to "re-compress" the flutes or ribs in the basket and short of making a male & female die like made the basket nothing has worked. Years ago in the early MTD days they changed the PTO friction disc material to something harder and more brittle. I had one or two of them break when running the snow blower but the PTO clutch I'm running now I haven't touched for years, like 8, maybe ten! maybe more.... I really can't remember when I built it. The fact the basket distorts so it won't hold the rattle clips doesn't effect the way the discs last.

GARY O. - Nice 1200. My shop can get dusty at times depending on what I'm doing. I have several queen-sized bed sheets I throw over my tractors. Keeps the whole thing clean when not being used.

I'm looking for an operators manual and/or parts catalog for a Danuser post hole digger. The model number is CD1 and the serial number is 1116. It was mounted on a Cub Cadet 104. Nothing in the manuals area. Thanks.

Anybody have a pic/diagram of a spring assist on a 128/wide frame cub? I looked through the manual section, but no luck.

Paul, did you look on their web site...looks like a starting place. A Google search shows a number of sites that may have what you want. Happy hunting.

Latest posts

Back