• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 16, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig-
Great photos. Do you know if the non trip blades only came with one small "ear" on the left side? I have one to restore and it only has one also. Probably an option???

Nate, yes the right hand tip was optional and was included with the blade height extender aka "Deflector" as listed in the parts list in the Operator's Manual. I have a reproduction (made by Dan Hoefler) of the extender but I don't think I have the extra tip.

Here's my restored blade.
happy.gif

314142.jpg

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 126
  • 314142.jpg
    314142.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 314142.jpg
    314142.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 135
Shultzie, very nice! How well does it work for snow removal?

It's always been my understanding that the CC engines came painted Federal Yellow from Kohler starting with the Original through 1X8/9 series. For most of the 60's the SG was also installed by Kohler and was painted yellow including the SG belt as the engines were painted nearly complete at end of Kohler's production line.

I recall setting up new Cub Cadets in the late 60's and the SG belts often had yellow paint on them. Somewhere during late production of 1X6/7 series, IH started procuring and installing the SG's and belt at the Louisville works as the SG color was black instead and the belt no longer had paint on it.

Pictures have been posted on here in the past showing paint operations at the Louisville Works where the frame, transmission and steering box are assembled to the frame and are hanging vertically from an overhead rail while being painted. Once painted the frame/transmission then moved to the final assembly line where the steering tower and engine were integrated to the frame. All piece parts (grill, fenders, seat brackets, sheet metal etc.) came to the line already painted at this point. I expect the only painting that likely occurred on the final assembly line point was for touchup purposes only.

Kraig,
I don't know.
1a_scratchhead.gif
I never tried it. Mounted it once to show it off a little and took it back off. Now it just sits in the garage attic just waiting for the next time to show off.
err.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 130
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 129
Shultzie-
Looks good! I would assume your extension is home made seeing that it is "broke" and not rolled???

Nate,
Actually, I believe it is original. Maybe someone here can confirm this.

Here's a pic of one that Mike M. had for sale.
314149.jpg

Attachments

• 314149.jpg
    314149.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 314149.jpg
    314149.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 123
I have cub cadet canopy on a 129 the front has a plat cut out for a glass wind sheild and hole for a manaul wiper also a ih windbreaker that encloses the back with side doors then small wind breaker on the the sides of the motor and snaps on to the canopy have the fourm members seen on read about this option thanks John

Back