• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 18, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve,
Where do I get the Facet pump? Through my local Kohler dealer, or is this a part to be had through another engine supplier? Do I have to do anymore modifications to have this type/name of fuel pump or is it a "plug n play" type application?

Mike,

Dave Kirk (sponsor above)

http://www.kirkengines.com/

has them.

They are also available on-line from several sources.

Facet Cube Pump - model #40177

312944.jpg

Should run $50 to $60.......which is less than the Kohler mechanical pump. Leave the old pump installed and plug the inlet / outlet ports with short 1/4" bolts.

Attachments

• 312944.jpg
    312944.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 111
  • 312944.jpg
    312944.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 113
Purrrfect! Thank you Steve! Appreciate the info. Will have to do some shopping on-line first to see what they cost here in the Great White North!

a_blink2.gif

Ok... I will ask the dumb question!
If you are blocking the old line, where is the new one from the electric pump running to? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just can't picture what it looks like on the engine currently.

Attachments

• a_blink2.gif
    a_blink2.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 111
  • a_blink2.gif
    a_blink2.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 108
Mike-

Inlet of pump goes to fuel tank, and outlet goes to the carb.

Another option for blocking off the old pump is to connect the inlet and outlet together with a piece of fuel line.

Hello Everyone I' want to thank Mike Frade for getting me a pump( Great Guy). I have been involved in my 1650 damage of 2018. I decided to name it because it was so bad! The more I get involved the more I see damage. I m taking my time so hopefully it should come back from the dead. Big thanks for all the help so far.

Will be Painting the 104 grill shell tomorrow. Should I leave it as is w/rough surface casting texture or sand/grind it smooth?
What say you guys??
It's been sandblasted. I'm inclined to leave it alone, prime and shoot.

What you are saying Matt makes total sense. I agree with it. I guess where I am getting lost is the old pump and line. Why am I blocking it off? Shouldn't I just be removing information it or does it leave a hole in side of the block that isn't covered up and that is why you are saying to block off the old lines to and from it?

Dog on it. I have got to go peal that thing apparat to vision what it looks like. Blowing fuses here mentally!

David S. Leave the grill casting OEM rough and don't sand it smooth. It's supposed to be rough.

David S., what Marlin wrote, leave it rough so all it's beautiful "sand casted" goodness can be seen.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 114
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 101
Mike P., I believe if you remove the old pump it will leave an opening into the block. I believe it gets the vacuum for operation from a passage in the block. It's been a while since I had the fuel pump off of the very similar Onan in my Allis Chalmers so I don't recall for sure... The pump makes a good block off plate. And it's a good idea to route a hose from inlet to outlet to block them off as Matt described.

Latest posts

Back