• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

18 Magnum to 20 Command in a 1862.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Halper

Very tired 18 Magnum in 1862. Picked up a Command 20 . I'm look for help in matching up the wiring. The easiest way to splice. Tractor wiring to Commands wiring. What's needed & what may not be needed. I have a motor plate & a drive shaft for it.

Command will need switched 12V to the carb solenoid unless you purchase a carb that is devoid of that feature. You can retain the engine magneto kill wire and oil pressure wire from the Magnum. The starter wiring is different, since the Command uses a GM style starter. The existing starter solenoid will be eliminated, and the large 12v positive cable to the battery will need to go directly to the starter lug, and you will need to connect the solenoid switched wire to the Command harness.

Switch to the 5pin connector shell. 3 existing wires from the magnum harness (alternator, mag kill wire, and oil pressure idiot light) get matched up to the same things on the Command. Then you just need to run the small wire for the solenoid through it. The harness on the engine takes care of the fuel solenoid. No need to run an additional wire for that.

Switch to the 5pin connector shell. 3 existing wires from the magnum harness (alternator, mag kill wire, and oil pressure idiot light) get matched up to the same things on the Command. Then you just need to run the small wire for the solenoid through it. The harness on the engine takes care of the fuel solenoid. No need to run an additional wire for that.
Thank you for your help. What information I was looking for is. Tractor wiring has 2 yellow & black wires together. 2 red & black wires together. 1 single black . On the connector. The engine connector has. A red & blue together. A single green. then a single blue that goes to the starter. When joining them together. What ones go together? Again, thank you.

Latest posts

Back