• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 20, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The freebie is up and running,runs good but the hydro is a little sketchy like the linkages are in need of adjustment badly

Wrapped up the snow bucket project today except for some paint. Think I'll just rattle can it for now and do a proper paint job w/Iron Guard next spring for show season.

Got these brackets made up earlier this week

323710.jpg

323711.jpg

323712.jpg

David S that’s a sweet looking danco set up,and that bigger bucket aught to move plenty of snow

Nice work on the bucket!

Here is my update from this weekend. Got my new pack of rings in, file fit the replacement for the broken one and got things put together. Not too hateful. I have some paint on the way, along with PTO rebuild kit. Not sure, likely be a couple weeks before I can get it put back in the frame and try to fire it up.

Valves are set. I did realize I had the exhaust spring in upside, so had to swap that around. Not sure why it is really that important which end is the closed coils, but I didn't want to take any chances. Typical automotive springs are universal in nature.
323717.jpg

Got the rod/piston installed.
323718.jpg

Got most of the stuff bolted on, though the flywheel cover is just kinda hanging on there right now. I want to get some paint on the block, so likely slip it back off. I don't seem to have any extra bolts in my basket. I guess that is a good thing. Typically I can re-engineer things enough to run with less fasteners LOL!!!!
323719.jpg

What is the most common way to get the starter pulley back on? I'm thinking of warming it up slightly so it can slip on easily instead of having to persuade it. It doesn't have a shoulder to sit against, so I'll have to do some figuring on its proper location. I know it's pretty close to the block, but don't want to have to do it twice.

Only other hurdle will be setting the governor. I seem to remember reading instructions somewhere, guess I need to read more of those Kohler instructions I downloaded. I only printed out the assembly portion which doesn't cover engine running/set up.

Larry, be sure to static time it while you are at this stage.

Why has the starter pulley been removed??

Governor set up is in the manual. Small vise grip and a couple rubber bands is what you will need.

Larry-

Are you calling the basket pulley the starter pulley in this case? I've always referred to the pulley on the s/g the "starter pulley" although I guess the basket pulley is a starter pulley of sorts.

Anyway, I just make sure the hole in the pulley isn't wallowed and will set square on the crank and key. Clean the crank well and a little anti-seize may help in future endeavors. I judge the depth by the bolt head pivot for the starter/generator belt adjusting bracket. If the pulley is straight I put it about 1/8" from the bolt head. This usually positions the pulley allowing ample room for the pto set up. I'm sure the manual has a specific depth but this always works for me.

David S.-

That loader is looking sweeeeet!

Larry-

I forgot to include that setting the governor can be one of the last things you do. It's very simple and many here will chime in I'm sure when it's time. It's also in the manual which may be the way to go.

David, nice job on the snow bucket.
thumbsup.gif

Brian, I noticed those front chains on the 127 in the photo you posted a while back and I've been meaning to ask about them. I would think with a blade you would notice a difference but not so much with a snow thrower. Do you notice a big difference in steering grip with them installed? I would think they would help with side slip when you plow into deep snow.
dunno.gif
Especially if you use Blunier Ramming Speed ™
happy.gif

Wayne, yes that is it. I figure there was some technical name for it, but I figure starter pulley would be close enough. I guess the "basket" part is for the PTO clutch disc.

I guess I could pull it on using a bolt, but figured if I warmed it ever so slightly I could maybe just slip it on quickly.

I do seem to remember that adjustment arm bolt being very close to it. Once I get the block painted and PTO parts back together I will figure how I'm going to get it back on the crank. Maybe next weekend? Likely the one after.

Back