• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 22, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy...if you want to be perfect, origional bolts are probabily the right thing. That way the "Correct Police" woun't bother you ! Check the sponsers up above. It seems RF Houtz parts out lots of tractors and maybe a supplier for you. For what you want, a phone call maybe the best approach.

Well i took a ign switch off a parts tractor and it fixed my problem. It had the wrong switch in it when I replaced the switch I got one like the one I took out thanks for the help

224518.jpg

Charlie that is so you.

Thank you for keeping all of us on track
and
Thank you for a good laugh

Guys the wood thing does work, you just need to use a smaller diameter of wood. one by one square works well for finding knocks and other noises,IMHO.

HELP! Can anyone recommend a supplier for a Cub Cadet 1100 Briggs and Stratton 11hp short block (model 253400/255400)?

Bought this unit day before yesterday, from a machine shop owner/friend who unfortunately has closed his doors to battle a brain tumour so his memory is mostly gone. It looked extremely well kept so I checked fuel/oil. It fired right up (some carb adjustment isues from sitting all winter). Gave it a quick going over, mounted the 44 deck, cut my own lawn (no issues)and sold it to a friend who had just bought a 3 acre home the next day. They were cutting for the first time and said there ws a LOUD bark/bang/gunshot report! from the carb/engine and a "clattering noise" with complete loss of power. They tried to restart and got a "clattering. I'm guessing a rod failure hence the need for a shortblock.

Melody Schutz

I`ll bet the cam has pushed the valve guide up and there is where the noise is coming from.If the cam was running out of place ( pushed up) against the cam tappet and the seat moved .you can`t adjust that out. You will heed to remove the head and see. Just where was the cam broke ? did you check to see if the crank case was damaged where the rod sites in the block? I can`t imagine how a cam got broken . Was the cam shimmed on the correct side ? I have a few more to ask lol.

My 147 has a valve lash noise .I have tried different adjustments to quiet it down.Some day I will put another valve guide in it.

Charlie

Could you find a bigger stick of wood !? I have used wood broom sticks for some time for valve adjustment and finding other noise.A good engine will have a wir noise as all them parts move.
1a_scratchhead.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif

Latest posts

Back