• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 20, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoops!
blush.gif
I stand corrected, yes, the front main seal. Thanks Bill

To further correct myself; the oil sprayed from the fly wheel end towards the front of the tractor stopping roughly at the spark plugs.

After doing some more searching I found a few folks that had the same problem. One being the seal and the other being a set of pin holes in the casting. I'm hopeful that is the situation I'm looking at.

Geesh, does this mean I gotta be drivin' backwards to be goin' frontwards?? That's gonna be kinda hard to be pushin' that tiller and moldboard plow!!! LOL

Dave S>

Need a VA shop to rebuild k321...

I have a k321 that came out of a 1450 that needs to be overhauled. I was wondering if anyone had a referral for a shop that might specialize in these. I'm hoping to find someone in Virginia if possible. I’m pretty much open to driving a reasonable distance (150 miles or so) and live in Northern VA, near Winchester – so am also a within range of Northern WV, MD and portions of PA.

I've never done such a project and would feel more comfortable having a pro do it. I want to try my hand at some decent restores (for working purposes) and just cannot justify the time and expense of the rest of the restore if I’m not confident in the motor. I feel like these motors are good candidates for refurb, I just need to find someone with the skills and experience. I’m willing to pay the *right* person or shop – biut not just anyone. The local cub dealer suggested “it would be cheaper to find a new motor than pay us” and “we just send it out to NAPA anyhow.”

I also have a 311(? 12hp) motor from a 1250 I'd like to get done as well. I was bitten by the bug a few years ago and found several junkers (engines still ran/turned) and now need to get these tractors into production :) In this case the 341 ran for a year of mowing, but started smoking, the ISOs were beyond shot, and pretty much everything else needed TLC also - no sense in pulling the engine and not getting it back right while its out.

Thanks,

-Calvin

Clutch from 1450..while blowing off dust some insullation came off
257667.jpg

I plan to cover the area with super glue..
Any thoughts??

Darryl - I think I'd prefer an epoxy - super glue isn't as resistant to heat and humidity.. I've also used the "liquid tape in a bottle" ...

Yesterday when I dropped the engine into the frame I notice the offset of the steering wheel and the the clutch hanger. I never noticed that before.
257670.jpg

Getting some stuff done between "Honey do's". I'm going to hate to get it dirty.
257672.jpg

Darryl - yup... Obviously I wouldn't use anything conductive metal content in it, but I'd try something like 5 minute JB Weld...

Darryl....I did a clutch like that and used black silly cone and just plastered it on w/a putty knife.

Calvin L....I just got my 14HP back from NAPA. bore .030, ground the valves new aftermarket (stens) piston/rod, polish crank, resurface block, gasket /seal kit and remove 1 broken head bolt. $233 total
I did the teardown and resurfaced the head my self w/the plate glass/sandpaper method and will have to reassemble (the engine) myself.

Dave S.

Gerry, David
Thanks much!...well be "touching it up" tonight...

The wires look good so I am sure it will work out..

Got a question for all of ya that wouldn't mind. Every time I mow I blow the deck off then rinse the entire tractor. The reason I ask is, dose anyone think I am doing more harm than good. Such as the water layin between the shields speeding up rust? Just wonderd what everone eles dose or thought. Thanks Jim

Vince
It's going to be a tractor for just goofing around with, but.....it's going to do it F>A>S>T!
Shift.gif

You should blow again after you rinse, to get any moisture off the tractor and deck.

Picked up the sleigh style blade bracket for my O today and needing some info. The A portion of the frame has been modified to work with a later model tractor and looking for measurements and material thickness for the correct lift bracket. There's a stub where the old bracket was and have pics of what it should look like but not actual dimensions. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Ok....I have a dumb question. I noticed after mowing today the gas tank had pressure in it and I could hear it venting out...I know the cap has a vent in it but how much pressure is too much? And im curious why does it build up pressure ?

Latest posts

Back