• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 16, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep,
Sure is.
When I got that tractor it didn't have a handle and we had just gone to a garage sale and bought that.
So I figured what they heck, LOL
Funny thing is, I don't drink beer!
55196.jpg

I took a four hour road trip today to meet the "Great Myron Bounds." He gave me a history lesson, some good conversation, and instructions on the proper way to hook a tiller to a 1650. I also enjoyed seeing some of his IH equipment/accessories. I now know what a grade 5 bolt is, the reasons why NOT to use WD40 as a lubricant, and I can now chime in when we next have the great hy-tran debate. I want to publicly thank Myron for taking his time to teach me some things. Every time a man dies a library of knowledge dies with him. Myron took it upon himself to open up his library and give me some of the knowledge he has stored up in his head. Myron is closer to my father's age than mine, and I know my father sometimes gets set in his ways and does not want to be bothered with any questions or anything outside of his normal routine. IF Myron is like that he did not show it when I was there. He talked me through some other IH Cub procedures and he was patient with me and continued showing me until I fully understood the process. I feel like I made a friend today and I just wanted everyone to know what kind of person he seems to be. I can't imagine buying parts from anyone else.

I am needing a choke cable for my 123. I have done a part # search (IH 384884 R91). My question is this cable one of those with plastic threads? I haven't had good luck with the plastic ones and would like to go to an all metal part. Any suggestions on a part #/supplier? I have been to Mr. Westfall's site, and will e-mail him this question also if necessary. Seems like out of my entire herd, this one has a longer cable than the rest?

The 140 diesel never ran out of antifreeze. The radiator ended up have a small pin hole on the top.It will never die now it has the cerma advantage.Steve don't worry if it cracks a head we will just put a new head on it no problem.

Antonio,

Glad it wasn't "dry" as mentioned before. A radiator pin hole is a lot different than a dry radiator as mentioned earlier. I posted based on watching you drive back in and hearing it was "dry" on the way back......Cerma or not that wouldn't have been good. Sorry for the mis-informed post.

Had some cub therapy today. Felt good to get out and dig in some dirt. I pulled out about 10 feet of lilacs so it will be easier to back in the RV.
55218.jpg

55219.jpg

55220.jpg

55221.jpg

Just repeated what I was told by the guy driving it.
And you sure don't have to apologize for me posting anything!

No problem steve. The gentleman on tractor was not me. He is a small engine wizard he knows better. We had fought a heating problem all day.Bigger radiator is in the works along with a turbocharger.Then the rat tractor would be complete.

Charlie...I know I have posted this about a zillion times but....

Further, I use a GT battery (about 375 CA or so or as close to the OE 400 CA as possible) and with the above mod, I do not have a starting or fitting problem. The current Walmart batteries have cell caps that are too wide for the original 782D/882 plastic full cover battery hold down. I notice TSC has some using the narrow caps and I think AutoZone does also....

Myron B
55243.jpg

Myron,
Thanks,
I guess it's one of those things that I/we never pay any attention to unless we end up owning a diesel, and then it's a scramble to get caught up on what I/WE should have been paying attention to all the time.
biggrin.gif

Kraig very cool owl pics hope he's ok

Art lol I needed a good chuckle

Charlie nice smoke show
and thanks to all for the plow day pics they were great

Has anyone ever replaced the fuses in there CC with circuit breakers? Is this advisable to do? I and/or my kids keep breaking the panel mount fuse holders or "Losing" the fuses. Thought that this might solve the problem.

Thanks for your help,
Seth

Kraig McC.,
WOW! AWESOME ad pic, Kraig!
thumbsup.gif

Yep, that 15-gallon drum has the same paint scheme as the 5-gallon pail I just acquired from my dad.
The part number on the 5-gallon pail is the same as in the ad: #372 705 R4.
We'll never see those prices again! Any idea of a publish date on that HYTRAN ad?

Any guesses as to whether or not that would be the HYTRAN PLUS fluid, the pre- HYTRAN ULTRA fluid?
Do ya think the two fluids are compatable?
Judging by the condition of my pail, I'm thinking the fluid is still clean inside; but - would YOU put it in your 127/129 Cub?
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Don, thanks. He was still in the yard when I got home yesterday. I contacted the Raptor Center to see what I should do. They told me how to catch him. That was actually easier then I thought it was going to be. Then after I had him safely in a box I called the Raptor Center back and they got one of their volunteers to come and get him. It was interesting talking to the lady that came she knew a TON of stuff about owls. After we had finished looking at him she put him into a cage (think dog carrier kennel) one of our cats came walking up from the field with a mouse in his mouth. We told her how this cat brings his mice to use to trade it for a cat treat. She thought that was great because she could get hte mouse to put in with the owl and he might eat it. I will call later this morning to see if they can do anything to help him. Hopefully they can because if they cannot they will have to put him down.

Gary L., Myron is a great guy, I hope I get a chance to meet him in person someday. Even though I have yet to meet him face to face I do know first hand how generous he is!

RYAN - If I had to guess I'd say that Hy-Tran ad is from the mid to late 1960's. Hy-Tran at that time was just "Hy-Tran", no "Plus" or "Ultra" or anything. From what I've been told as long as You stay with IH/CIH Hy-Tran it's forward & backwards compatible. Not sure I'd use the bucket You got in a Hydro but I sure wouldn't hesitate to dump it in a gear drive as long as it doesn't have any apparent dirt or water in it.

This was posted on the forum back in 2004 by Ken Updike,

Hytran History 101....(cliff notes verison). Hytran was introduced in 1958. It has been improved thru the years several times as refining and additive packages have been developed.

After IH & Case merged in 1985, Hytran Plus was developed. This was formulated to be compatible in IH AND Case equipment. Hytran Ultra was devloped when a new additive package (corrosion, anti foaming at high temps) was made in the 1990's.

Hytran Ultra, Hytran Plus and Hytran can all be used in Cub Cadets. Dexron Type A, Type F or ATF CAN NOT be used with out damage to the trans.

HyTran Ultra is availible in regular, cold temp and synthetic formulations. These three versions should cover EVERY operating application a Cub Cadet could be exposed to.

On a side note!
I've had several emails asking if a pulling sled was going to be a common thing at future plow days and my reply was this,

"You know after getting over 30 emails asking pretty much the same thing and with guys worried that the pullers would take over the plowing event. The answer would be a definitive NO!
Since this was my first time so called hosting a PD. Travis and many others did more than I did for the event.
I thought it might be something a little different and give some people a chance to see a pulling sled that had never seen one and maybe get someone involved in the sport.
From the people that I have talked to, it seemed to go over very well and everyone had a good time participating and watching.
All that being said, I personally would not mind seeing Cy, Joe and the gang again sometime in the future. But that's JMHO."

Latest posts

Back