• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 15, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys. I just joined this Forum. Very informative and appreciate the website. I just purchased a 1967 Cub Cadet 124. My Dad had an older Cub Cadet when I was a kid and was a Monster! Us kids couldn't break it! Now that I'm older, I appreciate how well they used to make things. I am planning on tearing it completly down next winter and repainting everything. As much as I'm obsessing over my new Cub, my Wife has no appreciation for this thing! LOL. I've already changed the oil and rearend fluid. It's ready for the mowing season............

NORM - I've tilled a bit with a 129 & IH tiller with both extensions. I never really felt the need for more frt weight.

I made my WF frt weight bracket from a mule drive and some 1/4" x 4" steel strip. I hang a dozen 10# MWSC suitcase weights on it. I have a spare NF mule drive to make a bracket for the 70 & 72 but haven't gotten any steel cut for that project. Mostly because I haven't needed any weight.

I would try to find some other way to attach weight than have it levering off the frt face of the mule drive.

224169.jpg

My new 1967 Cub Cadet 124

Matt, Nice 124!
Hey, I got some show off pics.
I finally got the tires, seat,front IH emblem and center cap for the steering wheel on. Steve B., Yeah, ya can't go wrong with the Tru-Power's.
1AA_dance2.gif

224172.jpg

224173.jpg

224174.jpg

Thanks Charlie!!!

Kent Shultz

this thread started out with snow ! , and the generator,that's cool. I like the 124 and see a white engine ?

I also would love to have the poster and the 982 and the 71. All nice eye candy. Now I would have to add a diesel to the 982 and install a turbo. I like
worthless.gif

Matt welcome and nice 124 and ditto to Don whats with the white engine?

Kent good looking 982...

Mike cool find

charlie, keep your snow! i would love to have it but i am finding mushrooms and would not want to ruin it, enjoy my friend

matt, I had a 69 125 that had a white engine, couldnt figure out if someone painted it or whether it was originally from a different brand of GT. It was a kohler K301AS. I posed a question about it awhile back but did not research it after that. Here is a rough pic of it. I have since sold it so have no more info on it.

Tim P.

224183.jpg

Gents, Hello. My White engine for my 1967 124 has a Model No. K307A. It may be a K307R, the tag numbers are pretty worn and hard to read. Any thoughts? I'm clueless if this is the engine for this tractor or not. It says 12HP kohler on it as well.

Matt,

That 307 you're reading is a 301 a Kohler 12Hp.y Very reliable. Easily rebuildable, parts available from many sources especially the sponsors listed at the top of the page.

Nice 124. You really thinking of taking that apart? Really think of leaving such a beauty as a natural
. In the pic even the steering wheel spokes look bright and beautiful. Other forum members are going to be jealous!

Jeff,

I like your suggestion about the tires as I do have a somewhat difficult time steering. You say narrow pulling style tires, is that the tri-rib?

Matt Staring,

Glad to see another tar heel posting a cub.
wave.gif
If you're looking for something to do on the 29th or 30th, there will be an antique engine/tractor show in Reidsville off of highway 158. I will be there with three of my cubs. Shoot me an email if you're interested and I can give directions and info.

Hi All, been a while--

Has anyone ever put a larger 16 7.50 8 tire on the standard width front rims of a 1250?

PAUL - I think the 1250 had 16-6.50 X 8 tires stock so you're up-sizing an inch in width. It should work O-K.

Typical rule of thumb on tires is you can go with wider tires by about an inch but you should never go narrower. Going wider does make the tire more sensitive to inflation pressure, the rim pulls the sidewalls in more than they were designed to handle and that tends to bulge the tread face out more when you get close to the max. inflation pressure.

can anyone tell me if i can speed up hyd.on 1450.i have dual hyd.and power steering.i use a pull type box scrtaper using the front ports.hyd just seem alittle slow may be normal?

thanks for the help with the manual allen! I have to work on my sisters van today, so I don't think I'll get to test the generator out today.

Kent, thats one mean looking machine! Only suggestion I'd have is to throw some of the V61's on the fronts! ...or tri ribs

And speaking of fronts & tri ribs...

If I were to put a 5 lug front wheel hub conversion, and want to up the front tire size a little to match going from the 23" factory rears up to 26-28" tire... I have some more options so just for example say I get a Miller tires website I could get 4-12 5 hole rims and 4.00-12 deestone tri ribs?

I cant find much info on the deestones - is 4 the width? Would it stand to reason they would then go on a 4" wide rim? And whats the hieght? I know some of you have tri rib deestones... (and they are cheeep!)

Latest posts

Back