• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 13, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty....Push blade Charlies foot!!!!>>>>

He's gonna need some pumps up that way if the darn sun ever shines again up there!!!
They are likely to add to that 10,000 lake count by the looks of them snow banks!!

Dave S

Len
Look at the top of this page and click on Cub Cadet parts look up, then click:
Find parts by model'
then Garden tractors,
then 1250, or 1450, or 1650,
then Trans Case, Dif, Hydro Drive & related parts. While you are there look around some of the other links and you can find what you need.

Not a pilot, just 37 years in the Air Force and Air National Guard, and around a few takeoff's that did not result in succesful landings.

Thanks Paul. That looks simple enough. I'll stop at my local dealer and see what they have and can get. It looks like I can use the old 149 shaft.

btw... is there a way to just reply to the topic messages or am I already doing it and don't know?

Marty that's a nice little disk harrow you have there.

Jeff, Yes its a Sear brand cultivator.

Reggie,

The disk will look a lot better when I do a restore on it after I get done using it.
I'd say your garden is coming along nicely too. Charlie is a little behind on his!
lol.gif

I bet that cultivator does a real good job on your garden. What are you pulling that nice cultivator with? I can only see the tail end of it.

Looks like Kraig and Art are gonna get hammered as well!
There's gonna be a lot of seat time in Minnesota the next few days.
I actually took a 1450 out on the lake behind us yesterday with a news crew to check the ice depth.
Drilled 6 holes and they varied from 27 to 38" thick, so we're a ways from spring, LOL
At least we're not getting tornado's and crap like many others are now.

I guess the Cubs don't mind a little more snow.

heres a picture of my recent buy. put the snowblade on it when I got it. comes in real handy puliing the roller to keep things in line.Had to rebuild carp and fuel pump and chaned all oils.
257118.jpg

Charlie-
So far we've seen snow, ice pellets, sleet, and rain at our place today. (Oh, and enough WIND to push it all s-i-d-e-w-a-y-s as it's coming down.)

Here's what all of the trees are covered with right now!
bash.gif

257121.jpg

Hello all,
I have a model 123, and I noticed some slight movement from the driveshaft when I was cranking the engine. The driveshaft appears to be not perfectly aligned. I can't remember if there was a slightly different noise from before. Earlier I realized the rag joint was rubbing against the hydro filter, and I will be fixing that. Could this have set the driveshaft off kilter? I'm hoping I will not need to fix anything, because driveshaft fixes seem quite difficult.

Art, I'm getting the same precipitation mix as you.
bash.gif
Feels more like November than April.

Dang Charlie, it really is cold up there! When do you normally thaw out, in July?
It's 78 degrees here in the shade!
cool.gif

Matthew, if the rag joint is going it will be off. Best to get that rag joint fixed up ASAP. Chances are that will fix the alignment. Has the engine been removed recently? Is it bolted down tight? If it was recently removed/replaced it may not have been bolted down squarely. If it's come loose, it could have shifted so that it's not aligned.

kraig, The engine has not been removed for as long as I have owned it (almost one year). As far as I know the engine is down tight. I will try to fix the rag joint before cutting season. thanks

Also got some seat time in this past week

257140.jpg

Added a few feet It was a lot harder than I expected. Even with the spring assist.
What RPM's do most of you run a tiller at when tilling sod. I tried full throttle and about half throttle running in first gear.

It worked like a charm turning the garden.

But it was still too wet!

257141.jpg

OOPPSS!!!

here is a new pic of my latest project

I got to drive it for the first time today

257144.jpg

Hey Guys, I want everyone's opinion on this hitch assembly. I have modified a lift rod from an old A4 John Deere cultivator. The idea is that I can apply down pressure with the spring and still allow the attachment to float over an obstacle or uneven ground without binding. Let me hear the good and bad; I have tough skin.

257168.jpg

Hey Marty, The garden is coming along nicely, I checked my sweet corn today and it has a nice sprout already; should be emerging within a few days. The temperature today was in the mid 70's. The tractor is a 169 Cub Cadet. I've had it now about three years. Bought it from a co-worker for $50.

Reggie,

I don't know if it will work. I does look like a great idea. My only thought is the spring tension might be hard to find the sweet spot. Once you find that you should be good to go. Let me know what you find out. It look like something I might try on my back blade.

Latest posts

Back