• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 13, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbell

displayname
Paul Bell
Len S
Convert it to what was used on the Quiet Line models. Replace your hub and pin with the Arm, Coupling; Disc, Flexible Coupling; and Flange, Driveshaft. These are items 2,3,4 on a hydro Quiteline parts breakdown, and the last one I did the parts were cheaper than the pin and coupling for your 149. The flange comes with or without the bronze bushing (you need it) and it WAS cheaper to buy it one way than the other. I think it is cheaper to buy it with the bushing installed than to buy the flange and the bushing, but I don't remember. You will also have to drill a new hole in the driveshaft for the pin in the coupling arm. This will end the hub and pin wear problems.

lurking.gif
wave.gif

Doug-

I would split the tractor; it just makes things easier in the long run. You can better access the trunion/cam plates if they by chance need attention too.

I assume you're talking about the steel plate that goes under the spindles...I'd just paint it well with several coats and remove it every couple or three years for a good cleaning. If it is rusty to begin with I have treated them with a rust neutralizer then several coats of a good enamel.

Doug,
On the decks I have rebuilt I always sandblasted that area real good. Then used a paint brush and painted a REAL HEAVY coat or two of rustoleum rusty metal primer. Let that dry real good then used rustoleum white and again paint it real heavy. I have thought about useing undercoating but it dont dry rock hard then when you try to take it apart it almost welded together. I would think that the silicone would hold the moisture in and caused more problems. But there is always 2 sides for a fence. Hope this helps Jim

More cub time today!
Round and round with the Brinly/Hardy disk harrow.
Pay close attention, Jeff B.!
biggrin.gif

257083.jpg

I know the harrow doesn't look as good as the tractor (not yet).

257084.jpg

Still shiny even after four years. Look at that reflection on the fender!
Sorry, Bill J., and Keith O., there is a little dirt on the tires, but look at where it is sitting!
err.gif

257085.jpg

Harry B.,
Sorry, no date stamp, but put your hand on the picture and you can feel the engine is still warm!
aaaa_tongue2.gif
rofl.gif

Hey Guys, I finally got my computer fixed and back online. I was able to pick up a few attachments recently. Came in handy when I started planting the garden.
257088.jpg

Got my Earthway planter fixed up. Worked like a charm, sweet corn should be coming up soon. It was 82 degrees today.

257095.jpg

Thomas B., what exactly is wrong with your Original's throttle cable? Is it broken, rusted up or? Here's the description and part number from the "Parts Lookup" Lever & Cable Assy, Throttle Part Number: IH-376297-R91 However I'm not certain if it's still available new. You could always place a want add in the classifieds section.

Time to dig the Cubs out, LOL
EAST TO NORTHEAST WINDS WILL INCREASE TO 20 TO 30 MPH
WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH ON SUNDAY WILL PRODUCE AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW...
REDUCED VISIBILITIES AND NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS. WIDESPREAD
SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 7 TO 14 INCHES ARE LIKELY.

You lucky dog Charlie we just have to deal with the mud no more snow seat time. :>)

Marty,
Nice look'n Cub! Must be a blast to be in the garden already this year. Mine has about 1-1/2" of water covering 1/3 of it, the rest is like quick sand! Yep, Its a little wet here! Just got blasted with snow & ice again on Friday. Winter sucks, I have had enough of it this year. Sorry Charlie! Have fun in the snow.

Charlie,

It looks like you are really warming up!
lol.gif

I have a couple of push blades you could borrow!

David awesome stool.

Reggie nice spring time planting set-up, that looks like a sears cultivator.

Marty I payed attention looking good
greenthumb.gif

Charlie you made a offer the other day to us to come on up to your place, with that weather forcast you wont have to worry about visitors.lol

Time for someone to start the 2013 garden thread in the sandbox..

Thanks Paul, but where can I find that parts manual easily?
btw... R U a pilot also? Dirty side down!

Back