• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 13, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oliver -
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

you can see where the previous owner has whacked the heck outta the pin with no avail.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

i tried smacking it with all my might but its just going to mushroom the pivot pin.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

You think you have a magic hammer or something? If the previous owner beat up the pin trying to get it out why the hell did you even try?
Do what Dale said. A recipicator can even be used if you have one with a bi-metal cutting blade.

Matt - Yes a torch will gouge cast iron.

Another Plow Day has come and gone with GREAT SUCCESS I might add.
thumbsup_old.gif

Turned out to be a near perfect day all around.
The plowing tractor numbers were a little down but the pullers that showed made up for it and we beat last springs 177 number by 9 tractors total!

I'd like to thank every everyone that attended and also those that helped out.
I didn't get to many pics but I'm sure they will be coming real soon from others.

<font size="+1">THANK YOU ALL FOR A GREAT COUPLE OF DAYS!</font>

Gentlemen,

Charlie (Digger) Proctor was kind enough to e-mail stating that several potential customers were not able to contact me through the Kirk Engines website. I'm not sure why this occurs. I'm not a computer geek but know several and will ask them about it. I hate the thought of anyone trying to reach me and not receiving a reply. Please know that all messages received are replied to.

Anyone needing to e-mail me please use [email protected].

Looking at my maillog (Cap'n Kirk's e-mails go thru my server before landing at the e-mail he lists below), he gets a LOT of spam and other attempts at nastiness. Suffice it to say, except for the spam and anyone that are listed at dsbl.org, all e-mail gets forwarded to his ISP intact.

ken-

because, i soaked the dang thing for about 2 weeks in penetrating lube and put heat to it. i aint dumb.

Thank You to Charlie and Travis for all of the hard work getting Plow Day 13 together.

I had a great time and so did my six year old. He turned his first furrow today and said next time he wants to plow all by himself with one of those "Red Ones". Good thing I have a couple in the garage to fix up for him.

Can't wait for pics.

I just bought a brand new set of Carlisle Tru Power AG tires for my 149. Their size is 23x10,50-12 and I got them both for $65. I read on here quite often and plan on getting tubes and adding fluid to them for weight as suggested. The question is what's the best method to the fluid in the tubes?

Here's a couple,
54962.jpg

We even had a screaming IH Freezer at the event!
54963.jpg

ONCE AGAIN!
I would like to thank all that attended and helped make the event the largest and best event of it's kind in the world.
beerchug.gif

Hey Roland,

I have one more 782 question for you. How do you install the front grille? I assume that the two posts go into the holes in the bottom of the red frame, but where do you connect the springs to on top? I see two holes in the top of the grille, but cannot seem to find a suitable place to put the springs on the red frame. Any suggestions?

Thanks
54971.jpg

Hey Guys,
Having a problem with the implement lift handle from my 124. Seems that the top part of the button has broken off.
54978.jpg

54979.jpg

54980.jpg

I've tried grabbing the nub with vise grips after PB Blaster and heat from red wrench. Vise grips keep slipping off. Thought about trying to drill the end and using an easy-out. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks, Brian L.

I picked up my fourth 147 last Thursday. The engine spins over easy so the rod is probably broke. I am going to pull the engine for inspection within the next couple of days. When I opened the hood I saw someone taped this tag to the engine. I also noticed the spark plug is in a different place. Whats the significance of a suffix "O" engine? Is it newer or better or something?

54985.jpg

54986.jpg

54987.jpg

Brain if you take out the ratchet assembly you might stick up more so you can get a hold of the end or pull the hole lever out .

What does a spring seat assembly look like on a 125? My 125 seat is just hinge mounted seat and doesn't offer much cushion for the bumps, especially while plowing.

David E.-

There's a small hole towards the bottom of either side of the grille casting for the spring to go in. I can take a picture if necessary.

Terry B: That is not an "O" but like the removable section at the bottom, it's a "D".
Beginning with the the 122 Kohler was using the "D" suffix. They had changed the head, baffles and blower housing from the "C" suffix engines (pre Cub Cadet) Check out TC-113.

Brian L: On the broken lift button, look at that replacement you have and you will realize that the threads are actually on the lower rod and the button actually screws down onto the rod, so the threaded portion of the button is upside down and your soaking fluid isn't getting in there. I think that a very careful drilling a small hole down through the center till you get to the rod may work. Then you can inject some PB Blaster and have it penetrate down into the threads. Sometimes, you can align the bottom of the button with the lock button hole and have PB Blaster penetrate up into the button threads. But be patient, it may take several days of this to be successful. PB Blaster is very good stuff and works but it's not magic.

By the way...you may be able to raise that broken off bottom piece of the button out of the hole somewhat if you remove the lift ratchet and space bar and then manipulating the bottom piece and pushing up and then your vise-grips can get a better bite. This has sometimes worked for me.

Worst Case: cut off the rod down below at the bottom and lift it out the top. Of course, this implies a new rod or an excellent weld repair.

In any case...please use some aiti-seize when installing the new button and/or rod....then you won't have that problem again....BTDT....

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

David E:

The front grill is held into place with the Tabs on the bottom of the grill going into the holes in the front casting. The top is held by the Springs that angle from the top down to a "notch" in the front casting. The Red Arrow shows the path. See attached images...

54998.jpg

54999.jpg

David E, Roland: The beauty of this design is that it allows you to lift the grille out of the lower holes and fold it forward for access without removing the springs!

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Back