• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 09, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jason H.

New additions to the family? Wow, two 782's on one load. Did you find them together? Has to be a story here, can you share? Are they both IH built? Outside appearence looks pretty good, hope they are likewise on the inside.

Ryan, have you tried pounding gently on that hydro handle to break any corrosion free? Rather then trying to pry it off, drive it farther on first to loosen it.

KENtuckyKEN,
That sounds like an good idea, if I can get enough space between the dash and the lever to work a slide hammer weight once disconnected from below. I'll look into that tonight......
thumbsup.gif

Kraig McC.,
Yeah, I've tapped on the side and on the top of the lever, but not too hard since I don't want to crack the chrome nor damage the lower linkage/gears...

Anyone have an opinion on the how many of those triangle-shaped 'pressure springs' should be installed in the PTO clutch assembly?

Thanks again, Fellas, for the help!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

jason,

WOW! you had that ranger freighted alright.

just on the trailer 2 mowerdecks, 1 tractor and 1 tiller.

Yes I found both of these together in a package. Not too much of a story. Running tractor and a parts tractor. Guy had them for sale...I went and picked them up.

One is IH built and has a non-running series 1 KT-17 and the relase valves must be stuck cause the back end does not want to roll. The wheels will turn if I pick it up. Oh yeah also has the custom seat modification.

The other is an early '81 CCC. Has a good running Series II KT-17, tranny is noisy and the lift is working but I'm not sure how well. I just unloaded last night so not much time yet to dig in and see what I really got.

I am hoping to make one good one out of two or maybe I'll just get rid of the whole lot. Time will tell.

Ryan, tapping won't cut it, give it a good hit! These old Cubs can take it, just don't give it an all out whack with a 10lb maul.

My Brother-in-law has towed a full-size skid-steer loader with His Ranger p/u. Stuff like that ONLY gets really interesting when You try to stop fast. Saw a "Crunchy" old Ranger pulling a tandem axle HD car trailer going home last night..... I figure He was loaded Just About right.....trailer was empty.

I know Steve B hauled a LOT of Cubbies with His old Ranger...

Jason H.-

I think I can beat your small truck, huge load picture.

54808.jpg

My dad and I routinely carry 2 tractors with his S-10, here's a picture from when we hauled 4 to a show last summer. It towed just fine, except it wouldn't go over 55. Trailer had surge brakes so stopping wasn't an issue.

Dave S., I'm not you but I think any "handy" person could rebuild a kohler with the proper information. Kits to do so are readily avalible. Pull the engine and disasemble it and clean it up real good and you could almost put it together on your kitchen table. I heard of a guy that rebuilt the engine in his volkswagon in his college dorm room. You could also have someone else do it but it can cost as much as $500-600 for a shop to do this. If this is the route you want to go I would pull the engine and strip it down to the block, crank and piston and have the shop redo the shortblock and put the rest together by yourself to save some money.

Latest posts

Back