• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 09, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbuttke

displayname
Lonny Buttke
According to what my mom told me, we can exspect the next 40 days to be like what the weather was on last Friday (good Friday).
Don't know where she gets her information from but I sure hopes she's wrong.

Charlie, congrats on a diesel! I also have a diesel besides my 782. needed lot of work but it is cheaper to mow with, I love it. If you need any parts some are cheaper from Kubota. Good luck.

Help! Just went looking for part # for a carb rebuild kit for my 147 (K341) . Cub Elec Parts site sez use kit 25-757-01. But our FAQ's say use kit -02. Kit -02 fits 14hp and higher from our FAQ. Any comments pleeeez...

Allen S:

INTERESTING....!!!

The Kohler Carb Reference Manual calls for 25-757-02.

I believe the -01 is for the smaller Carbs.

Allen S, Roland: On close examination, the only difference I've ever found in the two kits is the -02 has a little ole tip on the end of the seat that protrudes up into the fuel intake where the -01 does not....I always try to use the one that the parts manual specifies but on a few occasions (when I ran out of one or the other)I have substituted one for another and saw no difference in function or performance.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Yeah Charlie...Welcome to the Smoker Club....

Myron B
782D Owner

I knew I was saving this for some reason.
54758.jpg

Ya got any side panels saved for that a-a-a- (uhhh... ummmm) 782D ??
roflol.gif

Myron B

I'm still working on the pic Charlie, don't tell me yet. Quite a few things different I've noticed, A solenoid on the s/g, electric somethin or another. I'm not quite sure if I'm right on any of this, but I now have some food for thought tonight at work.
Like the big D Charlie! You could paint it orange, I like orange, with some tan for good measure.

Earl,
I'd post more pics of my 123 (Ole Joe), but I don't want to send your brain into overdrive all at once.
I will say this though, it has a 4ft.7In. turning radius!
biggrin.gif

It was born RED and it's gonna stay Red.
beerchug.gif

Lonny B - I try to never find joy in someone else's pain, but your parking predicament, wedged between your Cub and your pickup topper may be worth some money. I don't suppose you captured it on film? Trust me, I wouldn't dare even make such a smarta$$ comment if I hadn't won a few "bonehead awards" myself (most recently, falling from the attic above my garage, through the sheetrock, cracking two ribs)! I guess what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, huh?
rofl.gif

PS - I sure hope your mom is wrong about the weather!

Lip,
It's gonna be a little chilly, but it's gonna work out just fine, it always does.
Last spring, I had snow on the ground and the ground down Travis's way was almost to dry in spots. It's amazing what 73 miles can make.

Greg,
No photos, like a idiot I was out working by myself trying to load the cub. I should know better by now.
I just hope my back heals up so I can make the trip to IA this weekend.
Oh I could take enough painkillers to keep the pain in check but I would be a hadzard to all the other drivers on the road if I did.
Only time will tell, after all its only a 5 1/2 hour drive to Rockford IA from here.
If the weather holds I will be hitting the road around noon Friday.
I have to find my road maps from the last trip to plowday in IA. <font size="-2">Now just where the h*** did I put them, darn CRS.</font>

hey lonny,

look at the bright side, you did't snap the planks right?

I knew that was a 123, put my mouse over the pic and it said 123e. Very interesting pto, starter, steering,etc. I like ole Joe, gonna plow with it or no?

Warning, long winded and rambling.

All,
I’d like to tap into your collective wisdom regarding my CC126.

The thing that I worried about the most happened last Saturday. While mowing the river bank for the first time this year I noticed a sag in power, then smoke from the breather, then clank and the engine died. In about as much time as it took you to read the sentence. I am sure that I’ve trashed the engine. No oil on the ground but I think that I “threw a rod”. After pushing it way up the river bank out of the flood plain and putting a tarp over it I thought about sitting down a crying – instead I went into the shack and finished the bottle of fake Scotch that I got in Cambodia (but that’s another story).

Now, here’s my question(s)..

I’m handy but not an experience mechanic. I’ve rebuilt the PTO and carburetor, changed the head gasket and cleaned the valves and cylinder head, changed belts, and cleaned and painted – much with the help of you on the forum - thank you. I’ve never rebuilt an engine in my life.

I’m shopless. We are living in a 1 bedroom apt until our new house is built which will easily take another 9 months. No good place to store it here. Absolutely no place to work on the engine. Tools in storage.

The 126 is 5 hours away from home and 1 hour away from the nearest small town.

So, what would you do if you were me?

1. Wait until next year when the shop is built and fitted out, haul the CC back to Houston and try to rebuild it myself – along with the rest of the machine? If so, are there written instructions? How would I know whether the engine would need “grinding”? (I have the manuals from our sponsors listed above.)

2. Pull the engine in the field and bring it back to Houston (or the closet town) for someone to rebuild? If so, how does one find a good shop to do this? To be frank, I don’t run with a crowd that knows these things. What is the cost of getting this done?

3. Pull the engine in the field and ship it to a rebuilder? Any suggestions? What would be cost?

4. Something that I haven’t thought of?

Again, while I know that there are a lot of "it depends” your opinions would help me make a decision and would be appreciated.

By the way. After cutting the weeds that had grown 2-3' in 3 weeks on about 21,000 sq feet of river bank with a weedeater it snowed 2”! Only in Texas.

I warned you it was long and rambling.

Dave
Reperio a magis difficilis semita.
Think, there must be a more difficult path.

Tim,
The last time I used planks of any kind they where oak 2X6 and not store bought ones, they where a true 2"X6" rough sawn oak boards, but I gave up on useing them as I found them to be to slippery and went to metal ramps 5 years or so ago.

Dave,
You could buy a used engine or at least the block. I think I saw Chris Westfall had some for sale. Then you could rebuild the original engine next year when you have time.

Latest posts

Back