• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 06, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<strike>Greg</strike> Lip - Get a large pan and plenty of clay cat litter and pull the cover. You could drain some first but you really want to pull the cover and wipe out all the goooooooooooooo !

Rims/tire are junk anyway. I found a chart on the net it says 6 gallons 50 lbs for a 23/8.5/12 tire. Sounds close enough for me. Here is a pic with chrysler wheels not what I'm using just playin one day. Its old and rusty but I've had it a short time and I love it. Oh yeah only paid 200$
54608.jpg

Kentucky - That's kinda what I thought, after seeing a pic on here recently of someone's rear end with the plate off. Thanks.
thumbsup.gif

Tim - Water is 8# per gallon , gas is 6# per gallon.

Lip - Watch out for a dam break when ya pull the cover if you don't drain it out a hole first !!

Oh and Tim - it looks like you're wanting to get hurt bad. It's your skin though, not mine. These are not toys to be played with, with your ass half off the seat doing a burnout with VERY little holding back the front tires.

Charlie,

Here's a picture of the weight bracket you posted mounted on my 782. I think it looks neat and is cool to have, but it sticks out and can due some serious damage to concrete steps.

John

54611.jpg

John - Those rear skins don't look like the perfect plowing tire but they sure look like a mean turff tire. What are they?

Not my ass my friend. I got origional fenders now and i don't usually beat on my tractor.

Kentuck - One more thing: If (or should I say, when) I find all the gunk in the rear end, is there any right or wrong way to clean it out? Will I need some kind of solvent (my dad would have used gasoline!
yikes.gif
yikes!), or just my hands, clean cloth, etc. Seems like I'd want to avoid any cloth, for fear of lint getting into the hydro pump, but I don't know...

Anyone ever attach one of those industrial leaf blowers to the front pto. I got one but cant think of what to use for a driveshaft. I don't want to attach it solid because it could dig in the ground on a hill transition. So any ideas. By the way welder, plasma, cuttin torch got all the tools I need

Ken,
Their Carlise All Trail 23-8.5x12. We'll see if they plow good next week, assuming I get the tractor running tomorrow. I used them at Steve B's last year with chains in the mud and did we'll. I am looking to see how they do without chains in the lighter soil in IA. A couple others had them at Steve's last year and did pretty well. They are a common tire on the Gators and other utility vehicles around here. I was just looking for something different to try. I am going to be getting a set of 23-10.5 Ags for it shortly since I found a 12" plow this spring.

Lip - You'll need rags for sure. I'd find something as lint free as possible with hemed edges. Paper towels or towel paper would be a no no for sure. I'd say it's going to be really bad in there, depending on how well you want to clean it will decide how you want to do it. I started out working on my Toyota and keep getting deeper! You may want to pull the differential and soak it in parts cleaner if it's that bad. Then soak it in hy-tran and turn it to relube it. Pull the axles and swab out the axle tubes ... just depends on how bad it is and how bad you want to get it all out.

Tim - You'd need to belt drive it off the mule drive or maybe come up with a snow blower gear box and let it pivot up and down like a front mount deck that was posted a couple of days ago.

John - You'll like the 23x10.5's. I've got them on my 127 and if it tries to spin it'll grip after one or two lugs spin. I never did weight them but I use it to mow real rough ground, not plowing. You might ought to take your tire chains to IA with ya
wink.gif

Lip - I'm the front man for ZZ Stop don't ya know !

Tim,

I don't think those are the firestones. I've got the 6-12 firestones on my O and the V pattern on them is closer to the pattern on the Firestone 23* Tires. Those don't look too bad though, anything really will help with traction. I'm not quite sure what your question is, but anyways, here are a picture of the Firestone 6-12 all traction field and road tires.

54617.jpg

John,

I had a guy come in, when I was working at my local cub dealer last summer and order up some of those tires, a lot of the landscape guys are running those tires on their zero turn mowers. They look like a good aggressive hybrid tire. They have some good deep tread but don't tear up your yard like some Ag tires do. They are running then on the ZT mowers because when you are going on a hill or ditch they give traction without tearing up your yard. They look like a good performing tire and I'm interested to see how they do. But like Ken said, i'd definetly bring the chains along.
beerchug.gif

Tim's tire pic is the type the "gray market" tractors from Japan come with (around here anyway). They are for rice fields and they will beat you to death on hard ground or pavement. They go THUMP!...THUMP!...THUMP! My buddy had a Hinamoto with that style.

Back