• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 06, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbuttke

displayname
Lonny Buttke
David,
I think it sounds like you need to rebuild the control valve.
Item #1 in photo below
54592.jpg

Or it could be the O rings are bad in item #8, letting the oil bypass.

I think I'm going to need some weight on the front end of my 782. Did Cub make anything like that, or will I need to do something 'custom'? (Ideally, an easy on/off bracket to hang suitcase weights on (or whatever they're called).

Greg,
What you need is this
54595.jpg

Part #703-1712 Your cub cadet dealer should be able to order one for you.

LB & Charlie - Thanks. Guess I'm just getting lazy, now that I've discovered this forum with such a wealth of knowledge available!

I think I'll go with the hazard flasher because flippin the switch is to much dang work when your tryin to plow snow, oh yeah, 5-6" on the way, this year is f-ed up weather wise, next thing I know my grass'll grow to 3 feet tall, who knows...

GLippert,

That post with the little smile faces holding the signs was the best! I'm dying over here! Good for you champ for finding something so darn funny!!!

I'm with "Lip" MORE PICS!!

Ok, I received my 3-point hitch set-up. I got it for a decent price but that's b/c I'm still missing 2 pieces. I need the little square piece & the bracket that has the three holes on either side for the back.

I wanna save a few bucks like everyone else so I'd like to just fab them up. Does anyone have the dimensions for these pieces?

I'm still looking around for someone who’s reputable for mule drive. I talked with a few people & didn't get good vibes.

I was reading your post there Charlie about "egreed". Maybe you can enlighten me why you feel that way? I must admit I've seen really no solid reasoning for why things go for the price they do. I often think egreed is more volitale than the stock market lol!

Brian R.
To long of a story for here and way off topic, but I will say this. I know the inner workings of ebay (and I can say this in all honesty) better than anyone on this or any other GT forum. BTDT, and told'um to shove it!

Charlie,

I'll contact you off list for that then NP. BUt, what about the concerns with the parts & mule drive?

Well, if you just patch the hole then you can keep re-sleeving the block right? I have seen some patches and have made me question their reliability and worthiness. I'm not a fan of ebay, but have used them when I need to. I try and buy things direct from people with a fixed or negotiable price, not a fan of hoping that an item will be low enough. Thought about working on the 72 but decided it was too cold to use the 'open-air' garage. Have to remount the coil on something else too before next weekend, probably happen thurs,lol.

Like Ken, if I had the bucks saved up I'd be going to the plow day, too. Guess I just got over excited and tried to make a long week's vacation out of it.

Brian - Do you need #7 on the previous page of Kraig's post ? I have that but not the #9 as my 122 didn't need one.

Charlie - as per your <font color="0000ff">Friday, April 06, 2007 - 08:06 am:</font> post , I walked into a gun shop one day with $10k in my pocket and they hardly looked at me. I went else where to spend my money!

New to forums and this is probably the wrong place to write this but I have an easy way to add water to tires for extra weight. My cub 100 needed it as I do driveway and atv trail mantinance. I took a bick pen and stuck it in a garden hose with electric tape wraped around the end to make up the difference in size. Take out valve seal and stick the water squirting pen in there. Once and a while remove it to let built up air pressure excape keep repeating until water squirts back out. Valve should point up 12 o'clock. Anyway works great added 100 Lbs.

I need to change the Hy-Tran & filter on my 782. (I bought the tractor from my mom after I retired from the Air Force, and after my dad died. I don't know for a fact, but I suspect the fluid & filter hadn't been changed in years, especially given that the Kohler KT17 died shortly after it was mine.)

My question: What's the best and/or easiest way to drain all the old fluid? Do I need to remove the rear cover plate and then replace the gasket afterwards, or can I just remove the transmission tube assembly & reinstall after it's drained?

Also, any advice on operating procedures after I add the new fluid? (Do I need to run it through the full range of fwd/rvs, then top off again, etc.) This may all be common knowledge to most, but it's all new to me.

Tim - you sure you're going to get 6.25 gallons per tire? I use a Pepsi fountain drink canister with 150psi air pressure in it with antifreeze/water. Without a tube you'll rust your rims.

Back