Archive through April 05, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David S.
Click the parts Look Up Button above. Enter in 1000, then click attachments.
That will show the decks that came with your machine.

Hey guys,
This isn't exactly my first time on the forum. It is with this username, but.. Well, let me explain.

I got my first Cub when I was 15, as a gift from my grandfather. (a well worn 126 that had done anything and everything from mowing a several acre farmyard to pulling two farm wagons loaded with hay) I got on and browsed around and whatnot, and my father finally made me an account. Well, I unfortunately got busy with other things, and forgot the username and password. Several years have passed, and I'm now 18 and-a-half. It was set up through my father's email, so even if I did remember it would be kind of awkward. So I made a new account. (hope that doesn't tick anyone off- my sincerest apologies.)

At this point and time, the Cub has now been customized <font color="ff0000">THOSE WHO FEEL CUB CADETS SHOULD NOT BE MODIFIED PLEASE READ NO FURTHER IN THIS PARAGRAPH!</font> with a fender radio I found in my grandfather's barn, some non-OEM taillights from a garage sale, agricultural-style tires, an exhaust stack, and my own custom "racing" paint-job.

I yanked her out of the garage a few days ago, and unfortunately, I probably have to buy a new coil. I'll probably get a spark plug wire and spark plug just for the heck of it anyway, since they're pretty worn. BY THE WAY: every year I have to re-build the carburetor because the little valve that the float pushes on sticks.. Any suggestions other than cleaning the hole with some very fine emery paper?}

hey all, i recently started having a little trouble earlier with the creeper gear on my 100. been using the tiller lately so ive has to go back and forth between high and low gears and the problem im having is that the creeper doesnt seem to want to fully engage and will pop out of gear into the nuetral position. any ideas? im hopin that maybe it just needs some adjustment or something simple as i dont have the time to tear into it. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Michael R.-

There is no adjustment. The shift fork is probably worn and needs to be welded up and filed back to the original shape again.

well i was kinda wondering also if maybe it coule be the connection of the lever to the creeper? not sure how it connects but maybe something came loose because it always shifted perfectly fine till bout 3 days ago. i dont ever really use the cub much and almost never touched the creeper untill the last month or so as i got the tiller working. as i said im lited on time to work on it so anything major such as pulling the creeper out and aprt will have to wait untill summer

Boots,
On the side of the creeper, there a small lever with a knob on it that slides in and out of the forward and reverse indentations.
Sometimes that lever looses tension.
It that's the case, you can remove it without removing the creeper from the tractor, straighten it VERY GENTLY as it's brittle and will break!
Also, there a small cotter key that hold everything tight to the creeper body on each side where the handle goes through.
One of those might have worn out or broken.

Or like Matt suggested, the throw out lever inside the creeper is worn. Those are NLA but can be fixed pretty easy.

I'm excited.
rofl.gif
my father just said he'd give me the original we've got in a storage unit in town. (I think to keep me from driving 2 hours to Michigan to pick up the 102 my uncle said I could have..) The problem is, he disassembled it and then never put it back together. I rebuilt the engine myself at school, but before I start wrenching, any tricks you could pass along? This ain't exactly my 126, after all..

JEFF B. - re IH 483 & 483B Federal Yellow, everything I've ever seen says they're both the same shade of yellow. I know chrome was used as a pigment in yellow paints, and chrome is NOT Good for people or the environment, IH may have switched to some other formulation for 483 to eliminate the chrome and called it 483B.

David Rohacek,

On your tiller belt tension issue.

Do you have the belt tensioned with the large "wing nut" on the top of the tiler, beside the large pulley? This is what sets the tension on the short belt. The long belt, of course is tensioned on the mule drive.

Does anyone have any cute tricks for draining the oil (1250 QL) with the mower deck installed? It obviously can be done, but is it easier to drop the deck and mule drive just to keep from making a mess? I have one more mowing before the next oil change.

Latest posts

Back