After the Snow ..I found..??

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mike F - I hope you did more than just a little shoveling. My son lives a little east of central CT and he has 30" with drifts over 4'. So far no power loss (like 7 days in OCT) but it sounds like CT got hit really bad again. I tried to tell him to keep after it and do a bit at a time so he did the 1st 6", went to bed, only to find 3feet. He has a Jeep with a blade currently stuck (dang - I thought kids stayed up all nite). Just waiting for an update now, hope all you in the NE and Nova Scotia (just how do you pronounce that?) keep your power and make it thru.

WTH!
2 ft. and they go nuts?
2 ft. and the fun just starts up my way! LOL
253394.jpg

Charlie, it's my understanding that in Virginia with 2 INCHES of snow, traffic almost comes to a halt! <font size="-2">( info from an ex-NJ resident)</font>

Yeah they were calling it a historical storm, I call it a hysterical storm. The weather guessers had everyone worked up into a tizzy.

Harry, I ( and the wife ) did shovel for a few hours, If the picture is sized it should post.. lets see.

253421.jpg

A view from the garage as the wind was whipping between the house and garage.

My fencing is 3 foot!

253422.jpg

A view at the neighbors, I had to adjust the pulley on the thrower to keep the belt off the broken edge of the pulley, seemed to work but the wet heavy snow clogged the unit almost constantly.

one more

253423.jpg

Took us almost 3 hours to go 30 feet! And the city plow trucks left us a present at the end of the driveway.

Had to use the Blunier 3rd gear technique to bust through it!
animatedihbear.gif

Allen S., that's a chain link fence! Or it used to be.. the snow filled in the spaces. One of mother natures "tricks" ??? :cool:

In the 32 years I've had my 127 this has to be the best ever storm to clean up. 28" of dry(8*)wind blown fluffy powder piled 14" to 36" deep in the driveway with bare gravel base for no traction issues. Normaly in deep snow I go 4-5 feet and set over so I don't box myself in. I was making 40-50 foot runs full 42" width in snow almost to the top of the hood using my foot as a drift cutter in places and the K301 wasn't even breaking a sweat.(And no,I can't mow 12" grass in third gear with this tractor
whistling.gif
) With a good 40-50 MPH tailwind it looked like a two stage blower. When I was done my wife asked why I was so happy. I had ice in my beard and looked like Frosty the snowman. She just doesn't understand.

Mike F - geez, I never realized you were married to your tractor, but how did you 2 use a shovel together?
And that neighbor in the yellow house across the street, I'm still agreeing with Allen. It's the top of the posts with those supports that angle in - looks like it's to keep someone in rather than out.
Geez, my son (in CT) snapped the driveshaft on his plow Jeep, and couldn't get his tractors out of his shed. Fortunate he had someone with a plow truck do his drive. He had freezing rain this A.M., now 38degrees but calling for 6" more on Wed. I just told him it happens once every 100 years and he said ya, but so was Super Storm Sandy, the freak Oct. snow storm, that hurricane, etc - they were all once every 100 years.

Harry/Mike,
Slight twist on a old story.
How do you turn you dishwasher into a snowthrower??

Good one Tom!! LOL....

Harry, I'm just that freakin' GOOD! Someday I'll let you in on the secret. 'til then hold your >>>

To bad about Matt's Jeep, strange time for it to let go.

Mike - well, he had the plow set up on the Jeep but couldn't get it in 4 wheel drive with 3 feet of snow around it - so he decided to rock it back and forth, and I think he kinda knows he over did the effort. He snapped the 2 caps holding the rear U-joint, and the front yoke right in half. Don't know about kids these days (Now where have I heard that before?)

Harry, I think our parents were saying the same things about us! LOL..

That story was like Paul Harvey! We just got the "rest of the story"! :cool:

Glad the only thing hurting was his pride!

Latest posts

Back