• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

After the Snow ..I found..??

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmcleod

displayname
Cathleen McLeod
Well, we had the big storm on Wednesday,and got 7" of snow, and with the strong winds, it left spots with hardly any snow and then good sized drifts in other places, but I was surprized when I went to put clothes in the dryer the next day and had SNOW in the dryer screen. What? how in the world did snow get up that far, since when I checked below the screen, I had a TON of packed lint? that freaked me out. I try to keep everything cleaned out and periodically go outside and clean out any lint in the vent that I can get from that end, so finding so much packed lint shocked me. Dryer fires are scarey and I have always tried to keep things cleaned up...but I wonder if the wind was just right that it blew back lint and packed it below the screen, plus the snow? But how did the snow end up above the lint and in the screen? lol. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure that out.I had to stick my head and upper body into the dryer to work on getting the lint out Plus I had to use a flashlight to see what I was doing, and I needed about three more hands. since I don't have those handy lint tools, I had to use my longest knife with a serated edge and stick it all the way to the bottem of the dryer and pull up lint a little a a time and I couldnt even get my fingers down the full length and I have a small hand. so I really banged up my right hand, tying to hold the knife with that hand, and using the flashlight in the left and then pulling up a little lint at a time. It was a tedious job and not to swift on my back either. I was not about to leave all the lint in the bottem though. I will be buying one of those special tools to get the lint out. When I do laundry I often check the dryer vent 3 o4 4 times when drying a load, as it can get full quickly, so I was shocked at what I found below. So just a safety note..make sure to check all area's of your dryer vents..to avoid fires.

Cathleen

Cathleen: The images that come to mind while reading your description are quite comical.
smile.gif

I hope you get your tool soon; my wife purchased one and it works quite well. The screen now sits down where it is supposed to --it never did before.

As regards the layers on your lint screen, perhaps lint is heavier than snow. Your tale reminds me of the story of Gideon where the Lord tells him to put the fleece in the shed and in the morning Gideon wrings water out of it; next day the fleece is dry and the walls are wet. The sign is given so that so that Gideon can understand the Lord is to deliver his people from the hand of the Midianites (see Judges 6:36 and verses following). Perhaps after the next storm you will find the lint on top of the snow and then you know that the Lord will deliver you --from winter in Iowa! (just kidding)

Jerimiah, as you said, Perhaps after the next storm you will find the lint on top of the snow and then you know that the Lord will deliver you --from winter in Iowa! (just kidding)"

and so I shall be looking for those signs that winter is over. hahaha..

angel.gif
Cathleen

Hey, Donald hows the weather. I hear its pretty bad in Maine and getting worse. Hope you have plenty of food and water. And heat...

No snow here yet ; but that is all we are hearing about, the big storm . Up to 40 cm here where I live. I will start tonight and snow all night and Saturday. It could be more than they are saying,If we get a north eastner we always get a **** pile of snow.I have everything ready that I will need I hope. The pain will be if we loose power and that is what normally happens . I will post some pictures after the blow lol.

Don...you gotta get yourself a generator. Even a smaller one in the 3000watt range can run a bunch of things. I fed 3 houses (mine and 2 neighbors) during the hurricane.

Allen Schumacher
Funny that you mention it . when I bought the 123 it came with a gen set that has a 12 hp kohler . I have to get it into my shop in the spring and get it running. I did find the specks for it on another form and I do want to get it running. I was told that it is a 5500 wat gen. That will power most all I need here. I have thought of using a diesel engine and still might .

Keith, The "storm" has not started yet,just a surprise low that formed ahead of it this morning.Supposed to start around 6 tonight-18" to 28" with 50MPH winds. Might be a 2 or 3 stage clean up.

Don, I have a generator if you have a long extension cord.
err.gif

I'm here in So'eastern Mass. and the storm is just starting.

Frank (I Believe) is in Maine. I thought Don T. was in Nova Scotia.. They can verify.

We're supposed to get up to 12 in of wet snow.

Mike Frade

Frank C lives in portage Lake Maine ; I do live in Nova Scotia and we are not to get snow for a few more hrs; they are saying over a foot and high winds also. Should be fun with the wood furnace to keep me warm.

Jim C

I do have a Honda 2000 wat and a cord from my shop to the house for running the coffee maker and some lights and do need to get my other gen set running so I can use more appliances . thanks for the power offer but I only have about 250 ft of cord .lol
err.gif

Don T., I thought I had it right..

we've got the wind pushing the snow sideways here now. The worst won't show up until midnight or so.

I'm debating some "seat time" now..

Wow, I just watched the news here and they are saying you guys are going to get as much as 3ft. of snow at 4 inches an hour with wind that could make 15-16 ft. drifts.

Wind is howling and the lights are flickering!!

Lightning every once in awhile too! I went out and shoveled a bit.. (cabin fever) this snow is HEAVY! I'm sure wires will be pulled down..

Good luck guys and be safe with moving all that snow.

Up date on the snow;we got some 2' drifts and getting snow and freezing rain now. This afternoon is to be the most snow at 4" to 6" an hr.I think we are going to get a lot of snow down if this keeps up.The door to my shop has a 3' drift up against it so no pictures . Sure wish I had the 450 repaired to play in this . the snow is going to be easy to move ,it is real light.Pictures later because I`am staying in where it is warm till this is over.

In upper Central Jersey I've got about 8" in most places. Fun to see the trails the outside cats have made wandering from place to place. Gotta go out and feed them, a raccoon was eating in the shed last night and probabily cleaned out the food bowls.
You people up North use caution while shoveling ! Don't want to hear of any heart attacks!

Yicks guys, darn storms. You guys at east really seem to get the brunt of it, with those N'easters!! I'm thinking about you all in the path of the storm, and stay safe and hopefully warm. Sooo, its SUPPOSE to be an early spring, so guess everyone can think this is the LAST storm of the winter ? Lets hope.

Allen, enjoyed your thoughts about the kitties leaving little paths in the snow. I love to go out and look for tracks to see what's been around, but it's usually just bunnies here.

Take care everyone

angel.gif

A week and a half ago I had my snow blower running and near the house. Today, when I needed it, it wouldnt start ! Got it going on carb cleaner, figured ice in fuel. Pushed purge button on bottom of float bowl and nothing came out. I swear there was gas when I was done earlier. Looked in tank and it was dry!
bash.gif
Runs great with gas! A neighbor had already cleared my driveway so I did my patio and path to shed then went and cleared the next neighbors drive. OK, enough fun for one season.
whistling.gif

Back