• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

450 snow blower refurb

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve Sheils

Well thanks for you suport, sometimes I wonder if I`am a pain to all the dial up guys .A picture says a 1000 words. I have to do something to keep out of the house lol. Glad to help or be some help to someone.
thumbsup_old.gif

Guys a spread some white paint today and will need a recoat in the am. I have a list of seals to get in the am and some grease for the gear box. I bought the wrong size bolts for the wear bar and will need 8 more for that. I had a hard time getting the bolts out of the Chute to replace the clips that hold the chute on so I will get new bolts for that also. I need to finish this blower this week so I can see how my idea for the lift will work. I did paint the lift rod just in case I had to use it till I can make the hydraulic cylinder work for the lift.Thats all for today for me.I ran out of time and could not blast all the rust and hope that the picklex will hold it for showing to much .
old.gif

HELP

I`am getting ready to buy new seal and find that two seal just have a parts number and don`t say what size they are( 47 = 721-0146 ) would anyone know what size ID and OD these seals are . I hate to carry the parts to the guy who sell seal here. Thanks Don T
1a_scratchhead.gif

I went out and removed the old seal to get a replacement and now know that the PDF on the parts list for this blower is wrong. The number list for parts are incorect.
bash.gif

New seals will be here Monday
bash.gif
. But I did get all the liquids bought. I found a synthetic snowmobile grease for the rear box and Semi synthenic Extreme pressure gear oil ,Its good to go in cold weather and is made for gear boxes trannies ect.

215966.jpg

215967.jpg

Ok I resanded the edge where I will put the boat cloth and washed and cleaned it,This step is important, I washed the area down with acetone and let it dry and then with a clean cloth wiped the area I wanted to use the two part epoxy on. I used a pudy knife to mix and sperad the mixed resin where it was needed.Here a a few picks of what I did.
216007.jpg

216008.jpg

216009.jpg

216010.jpg

216011.jpg

216012.jpg

216013.jpg

I hope you guys want this posted,because it does take me time to take pictures and post them ????
1a_scratchhead.gif
old.gif

Ohhhhh, resin. At first quick look I thought you were frying eggs sunny side up! <font size="-2">(gotta get new glasses)</font>
confused.gif

ALLEN - I got new glasses and it looked like eggs to me too! Guess I better clean them.

I will finish this by using a bur and some air to cut above the cariage bolts for the scraper edgs bolted under the blower. Hold on all you confessed poor eye sight guys . I will get it done. I`am so far away for you that pick up of these great garden tractors just up the road
bash is impossibl.gif
. Even Kraig is open for hand me downs lol.

Dennis Frisk
I should say that one colour (yellow is hardener and the white is the resin ) I have fingerprint tacky now and soon can sand . Two thickness of what I`am using is what 3/4 ton psd have for plow material now. I will not have to touch this for 5 years I think. It can`t never rot on me where I have put the epoxy, the bond will be to strong and water will not effect the bond.Don` T worry , I`ll be happy
clappy.gif

Don-

I hope you cleaned that shiny putty knife right after you finished. That stuff will become part of the tool. FYI, they do have plastic, disposable putty knives available that aren't very expensive and great for jobs like you're doing. I have a few for just such an occasion.

Nice work so far on the blower/thrower. I hope you get it done in time for the first snows.

Wayne Shytle
Thanks , I do have acetone here and that will clean everything up . I will sand and fill and paint and post. Heck , I might post the repair next winter to show a great product.
old.gif

Well do to the fact that we might have some snow soon I went at my snow blower again this am. I sanded the epoxy and painted the repair area. I also put EZ-SLIDE in the impeller area. I painted the impeller and have that ready to reinstall when I get the new seals Monday noon.I will be putting another coat of paint on the back of the blower now. This will soon be finished .

216124.jpg

I have the chute read to install and soon I will have to put the sub frame back together.
old.gif

Don-
Your repair looks good, but I feel sorry for the guy who has to replace that cutting edge...Ack!
bash.gif

By the way, what brand is that epoxy you used?

Home of the Plow Special (Aaytay)

Art I`am not woried about the next owner of this blower,And those car bolts will be easy to get after 10 min with this
216140.jpg

This is good stuff, If I still working I would have just brought some home from stores and paid half or less.http://store.usavediscountmarine.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=WSY-610&gclid=CM7c-PfAmaUCFce7Kgodj1YJKQ

old.gif

This is almost clear product, so when I want to replace the edga I will just sand off the paint and use the air grinder and bur to cut around those 8 carriage bolts.Do it now or later it realy don`t matter
dunno.gif

Well I`am now waiting for seals to put this back together. This was never A plan to do a show room display snow blower. What I have done will help this blower run for another few years .I hope it will last me out lol.

216143.jpg

Its been a long few day till Monday when I pick up my new seals and put this blower back together . I do hope to have it going by supper time.I now have my 125 and 107 in the shop for some work.Got to love retirement and a warm shop .
thumbsup_old.gif

Monday Came. Thank someone! I did get some work done on the 450 blower, but got side tracked for awile lol. Thiis blower is coming along for
old.gif
man .This will blow some snow ( I have faith).
216343.jpg

And the Owners manual says 4 oz in the front gear box so.

216344.jpg

With out this great site and the guys here I might have never did this!

Don-
Here are some inspirational pics for ya..

82-series with a cab and #450 snowblower.
happy.gif

216382.jpg

216383.jpg

216384.jpg

OK, it's time to get cracking on that snowblower of yours. The snow's coming!!!

Art A

Thanks for the pictures ! I started the lift sub frame last night and will finish putting the blower back together today i hope.I hope the Cab will not take to much fab work to get it on . I have to add a couple lights and think I will use Kraig`s idea and mount them on the drift cutters.There is not much left to do on the blower and I will mount it and park the Diesel and move on to the Rear fenders and then the Original. I`am having a blast here and hate to go out.Looks like you have a few tractors there yourself and enjoy them also.I will have to mount a light on top of the Cab so I will be safer here out at the end of the drive.Don`t want some fool to hit my tractor
censored.gif

Latest posts

Back