• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1872 rockshaft needs replacement

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deverett

displayname
Dale W Everett
I just got an 1872 with duel hydraulics and CAT O on the rear to go with 12 inch briny plow,cultivator,and disc. the machine came with mower deck and 54 inch snow plow. I was told it also had a snow blower,which was taken by a relative. I installed the snow plow, and worked it up and down several times before it failed. The plow accuator lever on the outside of the frame broke off.It was welded on several times by the look of it. I removed the top shaft cover and found the rockshaft had also been reinforced so often that the rollpin had been welded over as well.QUESTION. How does one replace a rockshaft when they are no longer available. I am sure I can still use the mower deck,cause they are not that heavy.I have no need for any of the rear equipment, but if I can't get the front plow to work,I will part with everything. I am considering makeing up a frame and useing hyd cyclinder connected to front ports. that will be a lot less strain I believe. I hope someone can tell me of a cure for this problem.

Dale E. Click onto the R.F. Houtz and sons business card above. They are one of the sponsors and should have good used parts for you.
happy.gif

I wonder if you can take the entire assembly off and have a welder that knows what he's doing, do it right. 'V' cut and build out on both sides of actuator

Dale W Everett

The rock shaft is replaceable. A saws all will remove it and put the replacement in a freezer to re install with some heat on the frame . I think there is a bushing on one side that will let the replacement shaft slide through the frame so the shaft can be replaced. Is The tractor worth a new rock shaft assembly should be your only consideration . can`t be to hard to find one .

My search for the pieces I need has turned up nothing. I have decided to part with the tractor and everything I have for it and concentrate on my 109 and 149. This machine is to big for my needs and I have received a good offer by a collector.It will be going to a better home.Thanks to all who attempted to help.

Dale,

Make sure you pass on this website with them tractor. Unless its going to another member.

Latest posts

Back