• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

129 needs a rear pto

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Eichenberg

Hi everyone, I've got a 129 and I'm getting it back together and running. Starting to do some landscaping with it and was wondering if it would be possible to add a rear pto to it or maybe I'd have to swap out the whole rear end? I would like to start a garden and be able to till with this tractor if possible. What do you guys think? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20230907_140355532_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230907_140355532_HDR.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 9
Hi everyone, I've got a 129 and I'm getting it back together and running. Starting to do some landscaping with it and was wondering if it would be possible to add a rear pto to it or maybe I'd have to swap out the whole rear end? I would like to start a garden and be able to till with this tractor if possible. What do you guys think? Thanks
Only gear drives have rear PTO's.

The tiller does not use a rear PTO...there is a gearbox that mounts to the back of the tractor, run by a belt from the front PTO. Here's a picture of one on a 128 I used to have long ago.
100_0460.JPG

Tillers are available.
The one pictured above is a #1 w/both left and right extensions which make it a 42" unit.

Should not be hard to find one, either a #1 w/extensions or a 42" #2.
Just make sure you get ALL THE PARTS!
Front mule drive w/belt, rear gear box and mount w/pulleys and belt guard.

Tillers are available.
The one pictured above is a #1 w/both left and right extensions which make it a 42" unit.

Should not be hard to find one, either a #1 w/extensions or a 42" #2.
Just make sure you get ALL THE PARTS!
Front mule drive w/belt, rear gear box and mount w/pulleys and belt guard.
And the belt guide.

Latest posts

Back