• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

WWII Farmall H

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'd be surprised if they didn't have one to fit. But, you could whip one up on the lathe pretty quick. Plus you could add in a O-Ring groove and make it bulletproof... just because! LOL.

Thank you Ed and Mike!

I'm just having one made. Pretty certain after measuring that this may have been done to 'repair' a mistake in the manufacturing process some how. Otherwise, why would it be an odd size. So, Ed in your gear boxes case, you would be correct with a 1 3/16" plug.

Sorry, the pulley picture was taken before the plug was removed and the hole was prepped with the correct size bore brush. It's very clean now. I will get another picture of it today or tomorrow. Dad wouldn't let me hack it out even if I wanted to.
biggrin.gif

Brian, looking good. I like the photos with the other H, the one with the mounted cultivator, lurking in the background. Especially the photo you posted on September 15th of the top of the grill. Great photo.

greenthumb.gif

<font size="+1">The brackets on the side are off for a reason. The shield was really mangled when it was thrown into the farms 'junk pile'. So I unwrapped that unforgiving, heavy gauge bugger on the anvil and called it good. Believe it or not it the shaft is perfectly centered.</font>
wink.gif

322588.jpg

322589.jpg

322590.jpg
}

Hoping that I don't regret not taking some of that warp out of the hood. It was actually like that prior to repairing the crack there behind the hood latch. Oh well, better than it was I suppose.
bash.gif
You can still see the brass weld around the gauge pod but not as much as I thought it would. Didn't want to grind back too far and loose strength.

322595.jpg

322596.jpg

322597.jpg

Brian as I say at work, "looks good from my house." But seriously, nice job! If it works, it works!

nothing that a little bondo wont take care of.I have some in my Super M

Thanks guys.

Mike- I hadn't planned on using any bondo but I have a few pin holes in the gas tank that probably should be filled, if for no other reason, to keep the water and moisture out. I wonder if I can use a high build primer over the top of this stuff? That would really help on some of this heavy weathered stuff.
1a_scratchhead.gif

I agree with Mike M., skim coat and sand off the top. Make it look like new. It'll be so much better than a thousand little craters.

I agree as well. If you are going to all this trouble, why not do it right? A paint job will only amplify all of those rust pits, and high-build primer won't fill them particularly fast.

Latest posts

Back