• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Uh-Oh! Another Scout followed me home!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
I might just have to fix this one up for a street machine. It's a 4 speed and the wife likes it.
clappy.gif

Not to bad for being a 73.
215513.jpg

215514.jpg

Jeff,
We went right by your house a week or so ago.
The BIG truck was there. The garage door was open bu nothing inside worth taking, so we went on down the road!
biggrin.gif

Charlie... Very nice find! Congratulations.
Are you saying that your wife has finally shown some good taste??
clappy.gif
Tee Hee..Snicker..

Myron

Charlie-
Nice find! You make me want a Scout even more everytime you post a pic of one.

Nice Scout Charlie! Art, if you want one Scout you better make room for two. What is it about IH stuff multiplying???

ART - I see you more as a CO-190 type person.

Here's a link to a picture, I couldn't believe how hard it was to find! They were mostly powered by HUGE in-line 6's that I've been around, 450 & 501 cid, most I've seen were 5 spd main & 2-spd axle, single axle tractors were much more common than the tandems. Several of the livestock truckers around home used them almost exclusively. The cabs were actually made for IH my McGlaughlin Body of Moline, IL who made almost the exact same cab for Diamond T.
http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/ih/brochures/co190s/vcof_190a.jpg

Stacey David on GEARZ did a build-up of a CO-Loadstar, similar to the CO-190 but lighter-duty a couple months ago;http://www.staceydavid.com/projects/heavymetal.html

As you can see, he took the BEST PART of the truck out and scrapped it, the IHC Gas engine!

Denny-
I saw the first installment of the Gearz IH truck project, but missed the rest of them.
sad.gif

It's funny you say that about the CO trucks. I'm not big into the CO's, but this thing is for sale locally, and for what he's asking.......if I had the shed to keep it in (and the time and money to work on it!) I'd probably have it here tomorrow. It just screams "vintage iron" to that special place in my heart...
happy.gif

215555.jpg

215556.jpg

215557.jpg

215558.jpg

ART - A 4X4 Dually, can't quite make out the model, 130 or 140? PTO winch, 4-spd. I'd remove the wrecher body and install a flatbed or Hot-Shot towing body. Make an AWESOME PD tow vehicle. It'd be sharp painted yellow & white or 2150 red/white. Appears to have most of the famous rust spots already fixed!

I see IH 4X4 pickups for sealed bid auction in RPM occasionally, former fire dept. brush trucks and have almost bid on them at times.

My MOM has a picture from about 1960 of Dad, our first St. Bernard, MACK, when he was just a puppy, and the neighbor in front of his brand new IH 1/2 ton pickup with that same body style, grill, headlights, etc.

I'm not THAT big of fan of Stacey, He does some neat stuff, great work, but WHY does he have to take it out and beat it to death when it's done?
bash.gif

COOL TRUCK Art,I keep seeing a Scout p/u with a for sale sign on my way to the CC dealer,but haven't gotten up the nerve to stop and see what they want for it.

Charlie,
That is a cool Scout! My dad had a '66 800 for about 20 years. It was the ultimate workhorse and cool lookin' too. One of these days, I'll dig up some pics and post them. He added leaf springs and built it up strong for plowing snow, hauling trailers of wood, etc! I will always have a special place in my heart for them. I almost bought a very rare 1980 turbo diesel powered model that came up for sale locally but I just couldn't get the purchase past my wife...maybe in the future.

Well, here's a funny story for you...

That "Mater Truck" I posted yesterday has been for sale since the beginning of August. I posted pics on the forum here, and it sold the next day!

Jeeze, I finally got up the courage to email the guy, and then Charlie swoops in and buys the thing!
asthanos.gif

Wish I had pic's of my Buddy's Dad's Scout. Think it's a 60's vintage. Has the THROBBING Slant 152 CID 4-cyl, (right half of a 304 V-8) 3-spd manual & 2-spd T-case. The rear of the body rusted off so they built a mini-flat bed and use it to haul firewood from their timber. They have some REALLY steep hills and it manages to crawl up them all.

It gets about five minutes of maintenance every couple of years, but can set for weeks and starts on the first touch of the key, and when they used to cut lots of wood, it would run every day for weeks hauling wood.

Charlie, if the garage was open, I was inside the house. We only own one vehicle so my wife was making a run somewhere.
You sure were welcome to just drop that old Scout off in my driveway. LOL

Well I dropped 5 gallons of gas in the tank, fixed a half a dozen mouse snack wires, cleaned the cap and rotor. Filed the points and with the help of a jump from the 1450. The beast fired and came to life today!
Now if I could just get that damn drivers side door open, I'd be set.
clappy.gif

Not to shabby for a $306.00 investment.
biggrin.gif

Back