• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Tires...Ag's vs. turf vs turf with chains

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwsmith

displayname
glen smith
wondering what the advantages,and disavantages of each is.....I am running turfs with chains on the 125 with 120 lbs of weight on each wheel...they do a good job,,,,find that the ags on the 1450 mark the lawn for mowing.....thinking about filling the turfs on the 1200 and running chains and blade on that ....

Glen S. -

I had the same fear of ags, but now that I've been using them, I haven't had much trouble with them while mowing. I have 8.5" ags on my 169 and their filled with CaCl. Only problems are in the wet spots, if you have too many of those I'd probably recommend against them.

That said, turfs with chains did well for me while clearing snow before I got the ags. I even did a plow day with turfs and chains.

And my Simplicity 700 has 6-12 Firestones (the zig-zag tread) with no chains and 25# weights on each side and hasn't gotten stuck yet.

And, um, all these threads you're starting in The Sandbox? They're all on topic for the main topic. Only stuff that belongs in here are things that don't have anything to do with Cub Cadets.

(Message edited by bmcmeen on February 28, 2005)

CaCl? The Visual C++ library or Calcium Chloride?
biggrin.gif
Sorry, been programming for the last 3 weeks. Mind is stuck in that mode...

Bryans answers eased some thoughts I had pertaining to my post in the main area.

Can you move threads with this package?

Jeff "W",
What's you price range? Sometime you see them on ebay for prety cheap. You can also check out Tucker Tire Co.

Latest posts

Back