• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Things that Kill my Cub time.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DITTO on the arch supports.
These are the best you can find accroding to all the docs I've seen.
Spenco RX 3/4 Length Orthotic Arch Supports
305428.jpg

A BIG THANK YOU for the information. I can't have rubber mats due to constantly moving carts during inspection.

Richard C. & Charlie P. I'm going to order some of those supports. Even my 30 year young co-worker is starting to feel it in his knees.

Look into a different brand of shoes. Red wings are heavy and hard. I have artritis in both knees and hips. I work 12 hour days on concrete and not allowed to sit. I switched over to hytest brand they have some of the lightest and softest boots going. Steel toe oil resistant with great support. Keith

Thank You, Keith... I'll look into those. I love the Red Wings but yes, they are heavy.

Just ordered a pair of supports like Charlie and Richard suggested.

Worst problem I've got is the soles on almost every boot made in the last 20 years has deep tread, I have lots of soft black dirt in area that tracks. The best steel toes I ever had were Sears "Lights", which were a little lower than a six inch ankle, rolled top with a white sole with a very light ribbing, almost a smooth sole. Sears quit selling them, I found one pair online (early days of Google IIRC). I've tried several different brands, even ground most of the tread off one pair - bad idea, wore out soon.

I received the Insoles that Charlie and Richard recommended yesterday.
happy.gif
I'm putting them in this morning.

The nearest HyTest shoe store is in Davenport, Iowa so I requested a catalog.

One suggestion Marlin,
Get some double sided carpet tape and put one small piece at the front and one at the heel of the inserts.
Since they are 3/4 length, the tape will keep them in place, especially if your prone to kicking things, BTDT!
biggrin.gif

I am on my feet all day on concrete and can attest to the comfort of hytest. I have had several brands including red wing and I prefer the hytest boots. I also have the metatarsal guards as required in my work place. These make them heavier but not as bad as red wings or timberlands. I do use arch sustaining inserts as well.

Thank you for the tip Charlie.
happy.gif

Jason W. Some of are are just growing younger towards Eternity.
biggrin.gif

Well just my 2cents here, and Believe me I'm just like all you other guys, work has "REQUIRED" me to wear Boots everyday now except an occasional day off here and there, but I would and do swear by HH or Double H boots.

Like so many others have said, Down through the years I've went from Red Wing, Wolverine, Hy-Test always
1a_scratchhead.gif
thinking There HAS to be something better!

Old Timer turned me on to Double H, Figured what the Heck give it a Try and First Pair I bought was like Heaven,,,

I've been Nothing but the Exact same model Since!!!!

305720.jpg

Double H 3720

Mind you metatarsal and steel toe requirements will rule these out but they Don't Step on your toe to actually check anymore, That was just back in the day until safety guys started getting teeth knocked out! LoL

The steel toe and/or metatarsal version or model number's of Double H maybe like all the rest, but the ranch Wellington 3720 is Comfort beyond Compare!!!!

Anyway may have to break the rules just a bit, I have because it's been worth it....

Anyway like I said, just my 2 cents!!!

Good Luck, Hope you get it sorted out!!!!!

ihrotate.gif

My coworker and I have gone to two pairs of insoles just to get enough cushion. He's thirty-one years younger and it's strange that we both suffer the same aches and pains. But with two pair of insoles today went a lot better. We get a permanent work area then we'll be on mats again.

The things I do for the wife! LOL
She had a rush order for a resort that's opening next Thursday.
They ordered yesterday at 4:40 PM and I gotta have them to the wife to ship on Monday, Grrrrrr
307376.jpg

They may have killed some of your Cub time, but it looks like you got the last laugh by using Cub Cadet yellow! Nice job!

Very nice looking Charlie!!!! I just wonder how you find the time to do so many things so well.
happy.gif

Speaking of killing my Cub time, here's my latest project. Maybe I can produce these and get Charlie to sell them on one of his sites.

307391.jpg

Hydro -

LoL.
roflol.gif

Wait,,,, "one of his sites."

How many sites does he have? Has anyone compiled like a list or anything yet?

popcorn1.gif

oh oh,, had to
poof.gif
my own comment,, due to politicalness

Latest posts

Back