• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Things that Kill my Cub time.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In January I acquired a new toy. You can imagine my wife's delight when I sent her these 2 pics. Part of making this deal was taking the bird poop with me. It weights 858 pounds, max rated capacity(loaded weight) is 2400 pounds.

297533.jpg

297534.jpg

$265 later I have this

297535.jpg

297536.jpg

$100 E-Coat paint job, $100 for 6ea used 8 volt Trojan T-890 batteries(retail for these is $206 each), and $65 of other things.

Not done with it yet, but its functional. This is a 48 Volt Electric Columbia Par Car, in its previous life it was a Beverage Cooler Cart on it at a golf course. It will fun to cruise around our campground with it.

I installed a new rear end, new used electric motor, batteries, paint, and a bunch more little things. I got lucky the motor and controller works. If either one of these had not worked this project would have had happened for the price of each is way more than I would spend.

LED lights, new upholstery, hidden cooler, and few other things are planned in the future for this.

Vincer....I like that plank decking on the back....and those chrome hub caps are cool also...you be stylin crusin...!!!
vroom.gif

starting a solar panel project to supelment wood in summer and help in winter. more pics and info to come.

298016.jpg

Wondering if any of you folks re into camping with a truck camper.

We are considering the purchase of a truck camper unit for our new Ram 3500 dually and have been looking at Lance, Arctic Fox and Host units on line. Would really like one with a slide and dry bath. Have yet to actually see one in person as dealers seem to be few and far between.

Am thinking A truck camper would be ideal for tractor shows, plow days etc. because I could still pull at least 2 place trailer to haul Cubs on.

Any input on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff, I am very interested in the solar project, look forward to seeing the progress. I have been thinking about this also at my farm.

Me three! My neighbors have wind turbines but at my age I want to stay closer to the ground. I think I could handle solar so much better. Am very interested!

Vincent Thomley
that looks like a great catch and will come in real handy for lots of odd jobs.
1AA_dance2.gif

The golf cart is at my camper an hour and half away from home. Prior to taking it there I did use it to haul a few things in and out of my shed and your right its VERY handy. I think I've already had 8-10 people riding on it at my campground. I'd say it purrs right along but it's electric and rather quiet.

David Schwandt - My advise is buy a 5th wheel toy hauler - put 2 Cubs in the back. I just crawled into a rather new Pickup camper and I didn't like it. I felt cramped and climb up into it. This one had a queen or so sized bed over the truck crew cab, full sized truck box and it stuck out a foot or 2 or so. It was not to my liking. I'm sure your Ram Dually would love to pull a 5th wheel toy hauler.

Vince, I pulled a trailer around for 40 or so years!

If I got a toy hauler, most I could get in one would be 2 tractors, or so and half the time I'd be dragging around a 1/2 empty trailer and laying myself wide open to succumb to the "look what followed me home" syndrome. Plus, it would be one more thing to license, insure and keep brakes and tires on.

I have a place to store a truck camper but not a trailer.

The solar panels that I am installing are to supply my wood stove with hot water to eliminate wood burning in the summer and to supplement the wood in the winter by acting as a preheat for the return water.

My summer usage consist of my domestic hot water heating and 18,000 gal pool heater.

here is a link to the model I am installing. My boiler would require just over 1 panel but I got a incredable deal on the two of them.

http://www.naturescomfortllc.org/products/sm-h60-solar-water-heater/

298068.jpg

298069.jpg

Jeff
Ah..so Not what I ass-u-me-d it was. I was thinking electricity generation.
Jerry

Nope just for heating, But my next semi off grid project will be electricity in a year or two.
The pay off time right now blocks me from electricty, but a wind unit will more than lkely play in, as I seem to have constant wind at my house.

installed the tubes today and started heating water, I started out with 65 degrees boiler water at 10:30am bye 3pm I had 135. now for fine tuning and insulating the pipes.

298146.jpg

298147.jpg

The last time I mowed, which was a little over a week ago, after about 2 hours of mowing I finished up by mowing the small area of grass behind the tarp shed that I have been parking my #2 125 in. As I backed up to take a closer cut right up to the back of the shed I noticed a swarm of hornets come up out of the narrow strip of uncut grass. I assumed they had a nest in the ground or under the plywood I have laying on the ground in the tarp shed. So I decided I had better park the Cub Cadet up next to the house until I could eradicate them and their nest. I sprayed the area where they appeared to be concentrated and checked the next day and there were only a couple of hornets hanging around so I figured that I had finished most of them off. So yesterday evening I go to coil up the garden hose before I mow the lawn. I coiled the hose up under the deck next to where I had the Cub Cadet parked. As I place the last length of the hose under the deck I hear a buzzing behind me. I turn just in time to see a swarm of hornets coming up from the grass between the back of the Cub Cadet and the house and deck. I quickly ran out of there with one wasp giving chase. Thankfully it didn't pursue me very far. Now I'm starting to wonder what the heck is up with all the hornets. Two weeks ago I was working at the family farm and when I opened the garage door on the 4 car garage I disturbed a nest of bald face hornets. That nest was not there less than 3 weeks prior when I last opened the door. I got stung once in the back and once in the nose from that encounter!
bash.gif
rant.gif
Needless to say that nest is now dead.
wink.gif
So the plan for this evening was to quickly start up the Cub Cadet and move it out of the spot where it was parked as I was not sure if the nest was in the ground, under the deck or somewhere on the tractor.
dunno.gif
So, I start it up and moved it about 20 feet out of the parking spot and jump off and as I do so I hear a wasp behind my head and a moment later see it in my peripheral vision. With a gloved hand I was able to fend it off.
icon_eek.gif
I then turned to see if I could see where it had come from. There were a bunch of them swarming the area next to the house and deck but when I looked at the Cub Cadet I noticed a hornet nest under the rear mounted battery.
yikes.gif
Now I'm wondering if that was there the last time I mowed and I just happened to start the tractor up and drive it away while the hornets were out and about in the heat of the day? I gave it a quick shot of wasp and hornet killer. Early tomorrow morning that nest is going to get a full can of spray.
proud.gif
I just want to get my lawn mowed and get some seat time on the Cub Cadet.
happy.gif

298447.jpg

Wholly crap man!!!!

Here goes my mind in the gutter thing again!
At least we know now that your 125 is a male!

Not much doubt about that!
biggrin.gif

Art, Charlie,
roflol.gif

Update! This morning a little after 5:00 it was a nice cool 58°F and still dark out so armed with a flashlight, a big can of hornet and wasp spray and a long stick I finished off the nest.
happy.gif
I dowsed the nest with a liberal amount of the spray, then with the long stick I ripped a hole in the side of the nest. It was full of those nasty hornets all wiggling around, I dowsed them with the spray until they all quit moving. Then I ripped the rest of the nest off the tractor.
asthanos.gif

Latest posts

Back