• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

What model/year is my cub?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirza Dzinic

Hey all! Brand new here and new to the cub cadet community. I was recently given a cub cadet from the original owner. She didn’t know much about it. She purchased it a very long time ago and can’t remember a thing about it.

My two biggest questions are, what model is my cub and year? I’m a wheel horse guy and no nothing about cub cadets…sorry for my lack of knowledge…

I attached some pictures of the tractor. She even gave me a dump trailer with it!

Found a number on the side of it 351530-R7. Hopefully this will help out!! Thank you ahead of time for your time.

Attachments

• IMG_9186.jpeg
    IMG_9186.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9187.jpeg
    IMG_9187.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9191.jpeg
    IMG_9191.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9195.jpeg
    IMG_9195.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9192.jpeg
    IMG_9192.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9193.jpeg
    IMG_9193.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9198.jpeg
    IMG_9198.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9185.jpeg
    IMG_9185.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
It is a Cub Cadet, A.K.A an Original. Nice gift. That # is casting number for the transmission housing.
Didja get a deck?

It is a Cub Cadet, A.K.A an Original. Nice gift. That # is casting number for the transmission housing.
Didja get a deck?
No :(, she only used the dump trailer to haul stuff around the yard. Used something else for mowing but free is free! So if it’s an original, would that make it a 1961? And is “original” the model name? Sorry for my ignorance, I literally know nothing about these.

On the the hood, International Cub Cadet. They next series was a 70/100
Serial number will be here.

Untitled.jpg

I believe all the first model cub, which encompasses several years are called the original simply because they were the first model. It's kind of a nick name the cub hobbyists have given them. At least as far as I know. I will admitt I don't know as much about the early ones as some.

The serial number is stamped into the transmission case I think from reading others talk here. Sometimes hard to see under the paint and grease. Get it and someone will gladly tell you what year it is.

Nice score!

I believe all the first model cub, which encompasses several years are called the original simply because they were the first model. It's kind of a nick name the cub hobbyists have given them. At least as far as I know. I will admitt I don't know as much about the early ones as some.

The serial number is stamped into the transmission case I think from reading others talk here. Sometimes hard to see under the paint and grease. Get it and someone will gladly tell you what year it is.

Nice score!
I found it! Thank you! I had to use a flashlight to try and see the stamped numbers better and found some more in that area. Serial number is 49004. From the identification chart it seems to be a 1963? But I could be reading it wrong…🤔

Mirza,you're a tad lucky to receive an "original " as a gift.Looks to be an original 7 hp as well.When you get it running good,you'll be amazed at the torque that 7 hp has..They were very good at gear ratios..A 60 yr old machine worth refurbing,a very popular collectors item...

Mirza,you're a tad lucky to receive an "original " as a gift.Looks to be an original 7 hp as well.When you get it running good,you'll be amazed at the torque that 7 hp has..They were very good at gear ratios..A 60 yr old machine worth refurbing,a very popular collectors item...
Hahah thanks! Very excited to hear this beauty run. Would definitely like to restore it back to original condition over the winter. Hopefully I don’t get side tracked as I always do

Welcome, You got a very nice gift! An Original and has fenders. In the condition it is in, I would just clean it up and fix any mechanical issues and leave it the way it is. It looks to nice to paint. I now have 4 Cub Cadets and 4 Wheel Horses, plus many other garden tractors.

What model Horse?

Wow! What a gift!
An "O" that appears to be all original with fenders, wheel weights, and a #1 cart to boot! You hit the jackpot!!! :drool:
You ought to take her out to a big steak dinner for all that! ;)

according to a book I have (50 years of cub cadets By Oscar H Will, I really recommend it) It was made in Dec 1962. The book also says that the trailer you have is usually worth more than the tractor pulling it. After reading that, I put mine away.

Latest posts

Back