• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Things that Kill my Cub time.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff,
WOW! Is that your beloved cop car? How come no pics on the Crown Vic thread?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Sorry to hear about it and glad you are safe.

This is what's killing my cub money, not really my cub time.
biggrin.gif
Just picked it up yesterday.
312253.jpg

I like the dentside in the background...... Nice car though...... But I don't fit in little sports cars..... That's why I have the same taste in cars as Jeff.......

sweet ride just don't get this behind you, and yes that was my car and I fixed her up myself ill post over there.

312273.jpg

Art, wow! When I saw it last fall when I stopped by with a welding project you were working on the interior. You never mentioned you were going to tear into the front. I assume you found something you didn't like. I'll be waiting for more photos.
popcorn1.gif

Kraig-
The "short story" is that I pulled the engine to clean up the engine bay. The plan was to have the heads redone while it was out. After dumping 1 full quart of heavy sludge out of the engine, quick check of the bearings revealed this:

Lots of deep "fingernail grabber" gouges..
312741.jpg

Some discoloration...
312742.jpg

And some generally "skunky" crankshaft journals...
312743.jpg

These bearings and journal surfaces should be mirror smooth with no discoloration. The bottom line is that the engine wasn't worth putting $400+ of head machine work and gaskets into, so at this point I'm "exploring other options".
err.gif

Art is turning the truck into a Stealth Cub Cadet Hauler. You won't see him driving in your neighborhood until he has loaded up another Cub Cadet.
biggrin.gif

Art, that's gonna be a very nice truck when you get done with it.
thumbsup.gif

My buddy's dad has a 72 c-10, Chevy orange, with a just more than stock 350 that it came with. If his son ever listens to me on replacing some bushings in the rear it'd be a nice ride. Anyway, I think the original size v8 would be easier to put in, or I got a Ferd 400 v8 still sitting in my old truck....

Thank goodness this didn't kill my Cub time. Howevr it definitely makes me think twice going to a door to inquire about a Cub Cadet or something else.

Yesterday after work I stopped by a friend and for co-worker's house to inquire about a blade that I had given him. He'd moved to town so I wanted to see about getting it back. A woman answered the door and went to get the gentleman. He came out and shortly after the woman opened the door and quicker than I could see a dog bolted out of the house. I had my arms raised (good thing). The dog literally jumped up and grabbed HARD onto my left arm just below my elbow. Thankfully the heavy winter Carhart jacket deflected the pitbull's bite and the dog's mouth slipped off my arm. The woman quickly scolded the dog and then took off with the dog in her car. I was so shocked that I didn't actually think anything more about it until on the way home. Once home Angel and I looked at the marks on my skin. Actually able to see where through the Carhart the dog's teeth began to rip my skin. This morning, I have a bruise and you can see three teeth imprints on my arm. The mark is approximately two and a half inches long and red.

Summing up.... I LOVE animals and don't blame the dog. It was only doing what it apparently was trained to do. Angel will try and get a picture this afternoon. Right now it's too dark with natural the house lighting to get a good picture. From now on I'll definitely think twice about going up to any house if I hear dogs barking. If I wouldn't have been wearing the jacket I would have been in the emergency room. That bite was like being hit with a sledge hammer. Hard and tight.

Everyone have a SAFE and wonderful day.
happy.gif

Back