• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

The day finally came!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the side shields and hood primed today. Spent most of the day trying to straighten the hood what a mess. Probably spend most of tomorrow on it also. Thanks Jim

The diesel had to be put on hold. Something about having to get ready to plant. I hate when work gets in the way of fun.

Well got the crops in some of the corn for the 2nd time. Started to work on the 782d again so far got the 3 point new tires and painted rims installed. Got the fuel issues taken care of got the cylinder with new hoses painted and put on. Got the tail light wire ran got the hydro adjusted. Now to get the sheet metal sanded down one last time & painted then install. Still needing a few parts to get it finished. Just wanted to update for those who have been following this. Thanks Jim

Jim, thanks for the update. I second the progress photo request.
happy.gif
happy.gif

I figured some would chime in on my choice of exhaust. That came from Aaron also and I believe he is going to start making them. The 3 point tires and exhaust all comes from Aaron. What a great guy to deal with. I will do more business with him in the near future. Thanks for the kind words guys. Jim

has anbody ever worked on the oil light? I got power to it and @ the switch on the engine. The bulb is good but will not light up. I took the light socket clear apart and can not find how it is supose to get a ground. My wireing diagrams show the switch on the engine haveing a terminal for power and ground but mine just has a power terminal. didnt know if that was a update or not. Some advice would be welcome. Thanks Jim

Jim
I'm guessing that with sufficient oil pressure the switch will open and the bulb not light. With engine off and no pressure the switch is closed and the bulb will light. If you have 12v at the oil pressure switch terminal momentarily touch a ground and see if the bulb lights. Worst that could happen is a fuse may blow. The ground must come from the engine block. Make sure there is a cable from the engine to the frame somewhere.

Jerry,
The ground comes off the battery to the head then from the block to the frame. Think the switch is bad. After a day of wire chasing and fixing that what I am going to try. Thanks Jim

Today I gutted a 2072 my brother bought. I stole the power steering and dual hyd. got those cleaned up and painted. may get them installed tomorrow. Although I should probably Pull the engine out of his 982 and put the mag 20 he got with that 2072 since I stole parts from him. Sad fact was he help me steal them. Thanks Jim

thumbsup_old.gif

Drooling man. Interesting choice of a black steering cylinder. I've only seen red or yellow. Would look good with a black frame.

Jim, any red sheet metal yet? Or possibly a red lift cylinder and bracket? My p/s set up for the 782 needs new hoses.

The lift cylinder and parts are painted and on it. Waiting to do the sheet metal until I get shop cleaned and have the ac on to get rid of the humidity in the shop. Plus I don't think my brothers costumer's would be happy with a red mist all over there cars. Just cant decide if I want to use base clear or just the normal 2150 with clear over it. Or no clear. Sad fact is every time I go to the mailbox and get another bill for the wife's ordeal its getting closer to having to sell it. Man I don't want to do that @ all. But If I have to I will. Thanks Jim

I'm sure the $2000-3000 you get from the 982 wouldn't be a drop in the bucket to any substantial hospital bills. But selling it would likely cost your alot of your sanity and possibly some good resentment if your at all human.

Keep it around and pick up a part time job to pay the bills. You could probably make 1500-2000 in a month delivering pizza at night. Keep that cubby around... And keep something to get your mind off the troubles.

Jim,
Lovin' the progress. The smoker is looking great! I'll send ya my 782D next to do if that's ok.....
bouncy.gif

Josh, Feel free to bring me your 782d. I have the time as long as you have those green papers that have pictures of dead presidents. may take a short stack of them. But hey I never seen a brinks truck following a hurst. So might as well get rid of it now. Thanks for the comments guys. Jim

Latest posts

Back