• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

The day finally came!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim H.
Tell here she can have it if she's get better quick! Yea, that's the ticket!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks Charlie, Its one of those deals where I would have gave the doctors and hospitals everything I owned or would have ever owned if the could have made the out come better. But tis life I guess as much as it truly sucks.

Heard that man!!!!

Just so you'll know, we're all pullin for her and you as well!

My saying for the last 5 years has been, Life's a bitch and then ya move to northern Minnesota!

You both are in our prayers. Here is to her being better soon, and life gets back to normal. We are all pulling for you. Dealing will illness can be a great strain.

Scott, A illness would have made it easier to deal with. but thank you.

Jim H. Angel & I will definitely be keeping you and your wife in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

Marlin, Thank you. Once the smoke clears I will let you all know what's going on. I am guessing that would go in the sandbox?

I had a few hours the other day to work on the 782d. I put a new glow plug relay on, Only to find it didn't help it start any easier. Cranks over fine but a lot to get it started. Then started to trace wiring to make the tail lights to work. But ran outta time. So maybe after Monday & Tuesday doctors appointments If they go good (only with a turn of luck) I will be able to get it together.

Well The wife went back to work today, And even with My head cold/sinus infection I worked on the 782d. Here is what I found. The number one injector line fitting on the pump is ether broke or there a seal bad. Sandblasted and primed the front rims. I am real sure I am going to put v61 on it. For the rears I am not sure if I want the 23 degree firestones or just run the cheaper brand? Probably the firestones. Found there a bracket broke on the radiator. Tracing down the tail light wires to find them in the main harness that the PO must have cut off and tuck away somewhere. Made a list of what all I need to get and or want. One question I would like to have answered is, How do you tell if it has the updated glow plugs or not? Starts hard but I am sure that because of the leaking line. It was just nice to be outta the house even though I felt horrible.

Jim I know nothing about that diesel, but I am glad to hear you had a good day, hope your wife did as well.

Jim,

Several of our members have used a relay to power up the glow plugs. They say it really helps, as it allows more amperage to them.
Glow plugs are sort of "throw-away" items in my book. The Kubota and Yanmar use the same ones, I found them cheaper from Deere(!) If you use the green guys ones, they heat up very fast and hot! Great for starting. Ask the parts guy for ones from a 2305 tractor, as example. Perfect fit and save $$, that's my kind of deal!
1AA_dance2.gif

Got to work on the 782 yesterday. Got the rims I am going to used sandblasted and primed and some putty on there scratch's. But it looks like I am going to hang out with the wife today Since she is feeling better. Maybe Monday I can get started on it full time again.

Jim D. The only problem is I got to go to a J.D. dealer to get them. Sound kind of painful. Thanks for the advice

Got to work on the 782d today. Sandblasted some more parts that I didn't like how they were painted. Spent most of the morning sanding the rims. Got 3 out of the four ready for the color. One back rim is pretty tuff to get how I want it. Pulled the radiator to take to the shop to have a brace fixed. All in all a productive day. Which is a switch. Jim

Thanks Jim D.
Today I striped the powder coat off the hood and side shield got the radiator fixed took the fenders and nose casting to a guy to sandblast. Hopefully start priming and block sanding sheet metal tomorrow. Man that powder coating to a real PITA to get off. Cabinet blast took forever and way to dirty to see. Ended up using aircraft stripper then went over it with 80 grit. Then over it again with some 180 grit. Trying to make this one the smoothest and straightest I can. Just incase I have to sell it. Also got some glazing putty in a few pits on the side shields. The hood looks like someone tried to do body work with a slag hammer. Again all in all another quite day. Jim

Thanks Paul,
I painted the rims today for the 782d. And I don't know what Case IH has done to there paint but that was the worst smelling paint I have ever painted. Gave me a headache felt my heart pounding. Now bear in mind I have literally painted thing most of my life with and with out a respirator. I also know that I should every time Although I didn't today(wasn't going to waste time digging out the air fed deal Just for 4 small rims) and man that stuff was just rank! Has anybody else noticed this? And to top it off after 2 days of getting them glass smooth a d!!! fly landed on one of the rear rims right out where everyone can see it! not bug one all winter but paint something and hear they come. Guess wait for it to dry and wet sand and set the booth up. I have all kinds of pic of the progress but this new computer I cant get the photo resizer to work or even find my pic when I download them. But its coming together nicely. Ordered a 3 point,v61s and Carlisle super lugs from Aaron. The best part he is custom building me a stainless steel straight pipe. He is a real good guy to deal with and listens to his costumers wants and needs. Will start getting the sheet metal worked down tomorrow. That hood is going to be a real pain. Its warped and twisted and hammered. But I got to use that one. So dive in I guess. Till the next update. Jim

Latest posts

Back