• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

The day finally came!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black PS looks right at home on an 82 series....that's what my 782 has, and my 982S (of course it has a black frame too!)

I ended up putting the power steering on my brothers 982. Kind of wish I could have put it on my 782d but It was a lot easier to put on his 982. Hopefully get the sheet metal painted this week for my 782d. All I need now to finish is a set of decals. They may have to wait awhile though.

All right I need some other diesel runners advice or input. Got A new heat gauge on the 782d and just sitting there at a idle the temp needle is past the halfway mark. About a needle width away from the red. Maybe a little more. How hot dose everyone else run? Thanks Jim

Jim H.
D600's do NOT like to idle.

If you idle for more than 10 minutes, they get hot, even with a new radiator.
I'm bettin that when you idle it up, it doesn't take long for the temp to drop down.

Never less than 1/4 throttle is what I've found.
The D750 on the other hand will idle all day long, with no issues.

This just in from Jim.

Mmmm, fresh paint!

288217.jpg

288218.jpg

288219.jpg

Jim H.
Your paint job looks great. Can you please tell me what paint you used? Thanks

Tim,
I used Case IH 2150 red with there thinner and NAPA hardner. Napa part number 253 on the hardner Mixed 8 1 1. Hope that helps. But on the outside I may shoot clear on it. Then sand and buff. I don't know for sure yet though. Jim

Jim,
Charlie hit the nail on the head. Both my 782D and 1572 will run on the warmer side when idling. Throttle them up, and the temp drops pretty quickly. Paint looks awesome! Really gets me wanting to clean up and repaint my 782D. The original paint isn't that bad, though. Thanks for sharing the pics and progress.
drool.gif

Well I was sanding the outsides down for the last time. As I was washing of the seat mounting plate I managed to drop it on the steel grating for the floor drain. So to say the least I didn't get them painted today. Try again tomorrow. Jim

Looks awesome!!

Man, you sure made a red paint mess of the shop. LOL.

Can't wait to see this bad boy come together.

looks worse than it is because of the water on the floor. Thanks for the words everyone. Jim

Haven't set the hood yet because I have to painted for a third time. First time I painted it a @*!% fly walked a crossed it. second time I sanded it down and painted it orange peeled bad. so I spent most of the day yesterday sanding it down to primer to paint it again today. Now I remember why we quit doing this for a living.

It's amazing how those bugs know exactly how to land on the most noticeable, in your face place of a paint job.

It looks amazing. I love the stack.

So I repainted the hood for the 3rd time. As I was putting the last pass on the finale coat I stepped on the air hose. With the trigger pulled. Yea I managed to a real nice giant run in it. So I spent today sanding it down to bare metal and put primer on. So tomorrow its back to block sanding and trying to smooth it again. I Fully remember why we quit doing this for a living. The problem is I do enjoy painting. Already know which one of my cubs I am going to paint next. Guess misery loves company.

Jim: If you've got paint runs in it, then it looks ORIGINAL! The Cub Cadet fans who are actually experienced in IH manufacturing practice tell us that the factory routinely shipped units with paint runs in them. Of course, the paint runs from the factory were probably in certain spots based on the way the tractors were hung while they were being painted while yours probably aren't in the "correct" spots.

I'm thinking I might enjoy spray painting if I ever learn to do it with the proper equipment. I'm glad you do because your work makes for such pretty pictures.

Can't wait for the end result of all the labor that results from your love of Cub Cadets (and painting).
greenthumb.gif

Back