• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Snow blower problem

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Payne

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Insane Payne
Finally got my snowblower on the tractor and hooked up & running good,My ptoblem is i push the button down on the lift arm,blower goes down no problem,,,but when i raise the blower the lift arm won't lock in the raised position while i'm pulling with both arms. The only way i get it to lock in the raised position is to hook a rachet strap to the lift arm & the back fender and tighten it till it clicks in. Do they make a longer or an adjustable lift bar for the snowblower???? It's a 1972 cub 108 with a QA 36 snowblower

Finally got my snowblower on the tractor and hooked up & running good,My ptoblem is i push the button down on the lift arm,blower goes down no problem,,,but when i raise the blower the lift arm won't lock in the raised position while i'm pulling with both arms. The only way i get it to lock in the raised position is to hook a rachet strap to the lift arm & the back fender and tighten it till it clicks in. Do they make a longer or an adjustable lift bar for the snowblower???? It's a 1972 cub 108 with a QA 36 snowblower
The lift rod should be around 28 1/2" long. Or you can put a 3/4" board under the front tires and measure center to center between your lift points.

My 128 had a similar problem, the lift arm rod in the tube would spin so it wasn't line up with the detent stops.

My 128 had a similar problem, the lift arm rod in the tube would spin so it wasn't line up with the detent stops.
DING,DING,DING,WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! after thinking i wasn't pulling it back far enough for it to catch, i pulled the lifting rod off the lifting handle to add a home made link exstension and caught out the corner of my eye(i'm 1/2 blind..LOL) i spotted down by the floorboard & frame the lifting arm locking rod was twisted and not catching in the notches! tighten the push button on top,,NOW WORKS GREAT!!!.....THANK YOU KHARVEY!!! Saved me a lot of AGGRIVATION.....

Attachments

• 359387889_651010107077803_7315826303719361337_n.jpg
    359387889_651010107077803_7315826303719361337_n.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back