• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Sleeve hitch

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was right , it is an opium illusion. Seeing things that aren't there.

It's the dangle of the lift arm that makes the angle of the tabs look angled... or to use tech terms, "It's the angle of the dangle".

KENtucky, oh, and don't forget the angled draw-bar, it adds to the optical delusion...

Roger, I like what you did. Get some time on it and let us know how it's doing.
Pic 2 takes the illusion out.

Here are some measurements of the stablizer plates that were on the Orginal sleeve hitch adapter:
187598.jpg

187599.jpg

Here are 2 views of a stablizer plate. There were 2 pieces welded together.
187600.jpg

187601.jpg

I think this how the stablizer plates should go:
187607.jpg

187608.jpg

187609.jpg

Here are 2 stablizer plates that can be used on the 2nd and 3rd design sleeve hitch adapters:
187610.jpg

The one on the right is a Brinly part and the one on the left is one I made. The only time I use a stablizer plate is on my single hole attachments. I haven't used the Orginal Sleeve Hitch adapter.

Dale, thank you! Great drawings and photos.
thumbsup.gif
I may have to build up a set for my plow and adapter.
happy.gif

Scott, the setup that Dale posted probably won't work for you as you have the wider 3 hole yoke on your plow, hopefully it'll give you some ideas though.

Acttually I looked at it over the weekend, and I actually have a 1 hole hitch, so those plates are exactally what I need....

Thanks Guys!!!!!

I've looked through all my manuals and CDs but cannot find any reference to the bell crank I'm trying to duplicate. I thought if I could see how it was originally installed it might give me a few Ideas. Any one know where to find any factory info on that part. And if it might have a part number that could be searched up?

thanks

-everett

Dale, what size are the two carriage bolts in the anti-sway brackets?

Dale, I'm going to guess they are 3/8". The bolt length is easy to measure. I cut and drilled two sets of bar stock this evening. One set for me and one set for Art. Now I just need to get them to Art so he can weld the the little plates onto the larger plates.
happy.gif

Here's the two sets I made, all ready for welding, and another bolt/nut/washer set.

188231.jpg

Are those Carriage bolts 3/8-16? Or are they fine thread 3/8-24... NOPE carriage bolts are only course thread, no fine threaded carriage bolts! That is todays bit of trivia.

Well except for the exceptions - such as 10-32 carriage bolts....

Vince, nice trivia.

Seeing that Art broke every bit in his square drill bit collection, I used my conventional drill bits and went with round holes and hex head bolts.

I think I found an error in Dale's drawing/measurements. I may have to make new parts before I give them to Art for welding.

188294.jpg

Kraig - Square bits cost to much fer my blood (Art's rich) so I just drill an undersize hole then hammer a square shank punch into the hole.

KENtucky, Hmmm, I think I there might be a set of square shank punches somewhere at the farm. I may have to give that a try. Thanks.

Art and Kraig -

I've got a pair of the stabilizers I got thru Paul B some time ago. If it helps, I can bring Sat. for some comparison...

Latest posts

Back