• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Replacing plastic front end?????

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bproctor

displayname
Bob G Proctor
My buddy has a 1993 CC 2084. It is one of the many models that came with a plastic hood, side panels and grill.
The grill was trash when I first started doing repairs on this tractor. One panel was broken but I was able to patch it together. I was able to create a new grill from scrap metal so that I could mount the hood and the side panels to make it look good. The only way the side panels would stay on is to attach them to each other via a cross member. Now that panel has cracked again.

Question; have any of you fabricated a new grill and tins for this series of tractor? Pic's please. Any suggestions, advice, comments for me? I'm thinking of attempting it if I can convince my buddy.

Seems straight forward except the bulge at the engine the grill and the dash are narrower.

Yes, I'm well aware of that and that they are quite expensive. I checked about a year ago, total cost at that time was over $$700. I nor the owner can justify that expense on plastic parts that will eventually end up the same as the current parts. Cracked & busted.

I believe I can fabricate metal side panels, hood and grill for about $200 and then if anything cracks or brakes it can be welded. This of course would be the owners decision and when I have time. Maybe a winter project

Bob, check out Steve Blunier's thread 2182 becomes 3482 Hydro... where he's in the process of replacing the plastic hood and grill of a cyclops with the metal hood and grill from an 82 series. Perhaps there will be some ideas there for you.

Latest posts

Back