• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Question on kehein carb

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken vitus

On the cub cadet 2282 I picked up and am fighting. I finally got the engine to fire up and run, but it will only run with choke almost completely closed ( like 9/10's closed). I wanted to adjust the idle jets, but there AREN'T any. It has a new kehein 24 053 32 carb on it, bit where the adjustment screws should be are just brass inserts. What the heck? Did the previous owner ( who installed this carb, before he gave up on it a few years back) miss a step? Was he supposed to swap the screws from the old to the new? weird question, but I scratching my head over this.

Attachments

• IMG_20240120_155810798.jpg
    IMG_20240120_155810798.jpg
    605.3 KB · Views: 5
The 2284 is probably late enough in production that it has a non-adjustable idle jet. Only the earlier versions are adjustable.

Due to how lean these are set up to run for emissions, the carb has to be perfectly surgically clean or they will not run right. If it won't run without the choke on, there is no adjustment that is going to help you anyway. It needs to be disassembled and thoroughly cleaned. Get an aftermarket carb kit so you can replace all of the O-rings inside, as they will likely not survive the carb being taken apart. All of the horizontal shaft twin cylinder Commands use nearly identical carbs. Some of the larger engines had a accelerator pump, which really helps when engaging the deck on a mowing deck.

I've attached a Cub Cadet service bulletin that has some info about these carbs.

Attachments

• Kohler_Command_Keihin_Carb_Service.pdf
    454.9 KB · Views: 0
The 2284 is probably late enough in production that it has a non-adjustable idle jet. Only the earlier versions are adjustable.

Due to how lean these are set up to run for emissions, the carb has to be perfectly surgically clean or they will not run right. If it won't run without the choke on, there is no adjustment that is going to help you anyway. It needs to be disassembled and thoroughly cleaned. Get an aftermarket carb kit so you can replace all of the O-rings inside, as they will likely not survive the carb being taken apart. All of the horizontal shaft twin cylinder Commands use nearly identical carbs. Some of the larger engines had a accelerator pump, which really helps when engaging the deck on a mowing deck.

I've attached a Cub Cadet service bulletin that has some info about these carbs.

Hey, Thanx so much for the info. I dug around in the box of extra parts that came with the tractor, and found pieces of the old carburetor.. the old one DID have the adjustment screws, but the replacement one he got doesn't. Rather than rebuild this, I just gonna buy a Chinese one off eBay. They have one with the accelerator pump (but no adjustment) and one without accelerator pump ( and WITH adjustment screws). Not sure which one to go with.. they are basically the same price.

Latest posts

Back